MedStar Washington Hospital Center

www.whcenter.org
  www.whcenter.org
There are newer employer reviews for MedStar Washington Hospital Center

Not a good place to work

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Washington, DC
Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Washington, DC

I have been working at MedStar Washington Hospital Center full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Good benefits, good salary after you have been there for awhile.

Cons

Very "us against them culture". Management only cares about the bottom line and not the relationship with staff or patient care. Do more with less nurses, supplies, ancillary staff. Nurses do not get lunch breaks and are expected to work 12 hr shifts without eating or using the bathroom. Our patients are sick. I am an experienced RN and I am fearful about harming a patient because my assignment is unsafe.

Listen to the staff who work with the patients for methods to increase staff and patient satisfaction. When the staff are so dissatisfied it is difficult to try to satisfy patients and MD's.

53 Other Employee Reviews for MedStar Washington Hospital Center (View Most Recent)

I was very much occupied in summarizing patients data for Doctors of seven MedStar Hospitals.

Former Employee - Data Analyst in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Data Analyst in Washington, DC

I worked at MedStar Washington Hospital Center full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

I was always busy summarizing patients data for reports and displaying data views in real time.

Cons

There has been knowledge gaps in understanding Doctors needs for timely and accurately report preparation.

A Data analyst or a statistician has to work directly with Doctors and other staff wanting to get reports.

Clinical Coordinator Department of Cardiology

Former Employee - Clinical Coordinator in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Clinical Coordinator in Washington, DC

I worked at MedStar Washington Hospital Center full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Salary and reputation of the institution

Cons

Parking congestion not very clean

There are newer employer reviews for MedStar Washington Hospital Center