MedStar Washington Hospital Center
www.whcenter.org Washington, DC 5000+ Employees

Not a good place to work

Registered Nurse (Current Employee)
Washington, DC

ProsGood benefits, good salary after you have been there for awhile.

ConsVery "us against them culture". Management only cares about the bottom line and not the relationship with staff or patient care. Do more with less nurses, supplies, ancillary staff. Nurses do not get lunch breaks and are expected to work 12 hr shifts without eating or using the bathroom. Our patients are sick. I am an experienced RN and I am fearful about harming a patient because my assignment is unsafe.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to the staff who work with the patients for methods to increase staff and patient satisfaction. When the staff are so dissatisfied it is difficult to try to satisfy patients and MD's.

Fast paced fun job

I have been working at MedStar Washington Hospital Center full-time for more than a year

Pros: Fast paced, good team members Cons: Not flexible, minimal continuing education opportunities More

Former Employee

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Washington, DC

I worked at MedStar Washington Hospital Center full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Decent salary and benefits. Flexible schedules even in non patient… Cons: In my former department, promotions to supervisory positions were often given based… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on MedStar Washington Hospital Center.

Worked for MedStar Washington Hospital Center? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at MedStar Washington Hospital Center reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for MedStar Washington Hospital Center CEO John Sullivan . All reviews posted anonymously by MedStar Washington Hospital Center employees.