There are newer employer reviews for MedStar Washington Hospital Center

Highly political.

Current Employee - Clinical Nurse III in Washington, DC
Current Employee - Clinical Nurse III in Washington, DC

I have been working at MedStar Washington Hospital Center full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

If you can make it here, you'll make it anywhere! This hospital sees everything under the sun. I feel fortunate that my education and experiences have grown so much by working here. My co-workers (nurses, doctors, respiratory therapists, clerks, etc.) make a great team, too.

Cons

It's a high pressure environment, not only because of acuity, but also because of staffing issues. The culture here is very political because of management-union relations. Experiences vary widely based on your unit. And ICUs seem to take priority for staffing, which is problematic if you don't actually work in an ICU.

Consider a better staffing matrix. Improve your mandatory cancellation policy. Make your staff feel indispensable.

reviews filtered by
  1. A wonderful learning experience from a family of professionals

Current Employee - Tech in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Tech in Washington, DC

I have been working at MedStar Washington Hospital Center full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

This is a level one trauma facility where you get to see it all. You experience everything from gunshots/stabbings to heart attacks/strokes and rare cancer/disorders. If you want variety...
    The benefits are great and the people you work with are family.
    They work hard to provide staff with the latest technology.

Cons

Can be a bit of a 'boys club'... the opportunity for advancement is based little on skill but more on who you know. It does feel a bit understaffed at times but I think that is true everywhere. Parking is poor. The place is clean but needs to step it up a bit.

Has been solid employment with extremely rocky experiences!

Current Employee - Medical Office Assistant in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Medical Office Assistant in Washington, DC

I have been working at MedStar Washington Hospital Center full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

To get a paycheck only.

Cons

Dealing everyday with arrogant attitudes of management and doctors and the fact that you are just an employee when it comes to patients

Appreciate the "little people" a lot more. Appreciate what they contribute to this organization!

There are newer employer reviews for MedStar Washington Hospital Center