MedTouch

There are newer employer reviews for MedTouch

Great people, great company

Current Employee - Account Manager in Cambridge, MA
Current Employee - Account Manager in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at MedTouch full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I love working at MedTouch. The leadership team is thoughtful, kind, and sincerely dedicated to employee happiness. It is also a very family friendly work place. They have supported me through the ups and downs of working while being a new mom. Pretty special place.

Cons

You definitely need to be self-directed. There isn't a lot of training infrastructure. But that kind of comes with the territory when you're working with an up and coming small company.

17 Other Employee Reviews for MedTouch (View Most Recent)

I didn't think I could enjoy my job this much, but I do

I have been working at MedTouch full-time (less than an year)

Pros

It feels good to know that we are always doing something new, either in the advice we are giving clients or the technical work we are doing.

I think we always have our clients' best interests at heart.

There is the spirit of wanting to constantly improve.

I think that we actually live our values--they are not just words.

The leadership is great and doesn't take themselves too seriously. Plenty of jokes in this office. But a lot I can learn from them, too.

People seem to enjoy the flexibility, especially those with families.

Cons

Though we make the best use we can of teleconference equipment (including a daily 7-minute all-company meeting), it can be hard to get to know people in other offices.

There is no other company like MedTouch. I am blessed to have the opportunity to work here.

Current Employee - Account Manager in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at MedTouch full-time (more than an year)

Pros

- You get to work with great people who are passionate about their line of work.
    - Opportunity to wear many hats and learn from executives & directors directly
    - You can help develop new processes and be part of implementing something new
    - Your voice will be heard a lot more than at bigger companies.
    - I sincerely feel like my boss cares about me and my well being
    - Will reward based on performance, willingness to learn, and attitude
    - CEO is not greedy. He will give where he can, when he can, especially when it is deserved.
    - Open book financing. We know how the company is performing financially. This is an interesting approach as other companies keep it closed for morale reasons or to reduce request for a raise, but MedTouch hires people who care about the company's performance and it actually drives us. It's like a report card. We did have a time (I think someone posted about this) when it may have appeared to be a "financially tough time" but what company didn't around that time? And struggling financially for a company means debt, which MedTouch was and is far from. In addition, MedTouch was restructuring for the better. And it worked. We are now strong and growing even stronger as the CEO keeps reinvesting in the company and its resources (the employees).
    - Flexibility. Very much so. The previous posts are right on about this. My direct boss was there to help me through some tough personal times, helped me reallocate my work, and work remotely. You will not get this kind of flexibility any where else.
    - My boss has followed through with everything she has promised me and has been direct and honest with me. I completely trust my boss. That is a blessing when you spend 40+ hours a week at your job.

Cons

- This could be a pro based on your preference, but I had to take the initiative to learn and train myself. Everyone was willing to teach and I learned a great deal in a short amount of time. I had to create my own training program, so if you want to work here, take initiative. You get what you put into it. I think this probably has been improved since my hire though.
    - Internal communication can improve, but that's any company that is still new and growing. Considering those factors, internal communication is pretty good. It's just that because we are still fairly new, we are still learning how to communicate with each other effectively. But the good thing is, everyone cares so they will listen. They may not agree, but they will listen.

Continue to sincerely care about your employees and maintain the strong relationship through the current growth spurt. Everyone is busy, but continue to find time to invest in cultivating and nurturing your resources for even a stronger, cohesive work environment.

There are newer employer reviews for MedTouch