Meda

www.meda.se

SALES REP

Senior Sales Professional (Former Employee) Somerset, NJ

ProsMeda was a great company to work for because expectations were very clear. I felt that my pay was on the higher end of similar pharma companies. If you had a good manager, communication flowed freely regarding changes. Company car, gas card, Amex all the same as other companies in pharma.

ConsManagement and Senior management were sub-par in my opinion, because they were folks who were not trained in their titles. For example, the person who headed up HR at the time VP of HR didn't have an HR background. Because the company is now a public company things happen to keep share holders happy, regardless of the impact on employees.

Some people find the use of computers in the field a con, but in the end it was easier than paper. The product message seems to change every 60 days, and docs already know of the products. So, when you have a new spin doctor message, you may end up looking foolish.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop making it difficult to hit bonus, stop changing the incentive comp plans, go back to monthly incentive comp, get people in senior positions who actually have practical application in those jobs. I.e. the VP of HR needs to be someone with HR experience and not someone who was in the field 25 years ago, and was promoted in house, and is now running a department they have no business running.

It could have been better.

Sales Representative (Former Employee) Boston, MA

I worked at Meda

Pros: Small company where you can get to know many people. Cons: No future product line and current products are remixes. Advice to Senior Management: Keep good people. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

A growing company with no clear plan for growth, much like a listless teenager

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Meda

Pros: Properties are kept clean and reasonably well maintained. The company takes great pride in posting… Cons: The company has no discernible plan for either the integration of newly acquired units or long term growth other than to continue to buy… Advice to Senior Management: Take advantage of your existing talent before hiring outsiders and establish a plan for organized growth instead of buying whatever products that are both up… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Meda.

Worked for Meda? Contribute to the Community!