Meda
www.meda.se Stockholm, Sweden 16 to 50 Employees

A growing company with no clear plan for growth, much like a listless teenager

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsProperties are kept clean and reasonably well maintained. The company takes great pride in posting its company logo prominently throughout its facilities to continuously remind you where you are working.

ConsThe company has no discernible plan for either the integration of newly acquired units or long term growth other than to continue to buy product lines that are past their prime and squeeze every penny out of them before moving on. Recent acquisitions include Geritol, Muse, and Vivarin, all of which are well past their prime with little or no potential for future growth.

The company does not like to hire from within and if given the opportunity, will hire either a consultant, or an outsider before promoting someone already in the organization.

The company also does not promote self improvement and requires employees to jump through hoops and submit to a term of indentured servitude in order to take advantage of any self improvement programs such as tuition reimbursement.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake advantage of your existing talent before hiring outsiders and establish a plan for organized growth instead of buying whatever products that are both up for sale and that nobody else wants. Invest in your employees at all levels if you wish to keep them as many, including myself have either left for better opportunities, or are actively looking for opportunities with other companies.

Pharma

Sales Representative (Current Employee)

I have been working at Meda

Pros: Development oppertunities, Team Work, The STR Program and sales on… Cons: Newly Aquired! Little is known about the current leadership… Advice to Senior Management: Continue to invest in the development of the field sales force. Training and… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

SALES REP

Senior Sales Professional (Former Employee)
    Somerset, NJ

I worked at Meda

Pros: Meda was a great company to work for because expectations were very clear. I felt that my pay was on the higher end of… Cons: Management and Senior management were sub-par in my opinion, because they were folks who were not trained in their titles. For example, the person who… Advice to Senior Management: Stop making it difficult to hit bonus, stop changing the incentive comp plans, go back to monthly incentive comp, get people in senior positions who… More
There are newer reviews on Meda.

Worked for Meda? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Meda reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Meda CEO Anders Lönner. All reviews posted anonymously by Meda employees.