Medallia

www.medallia.com

Impactful

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Palo Alto, CA

ProsMedallia's engineering team contains one of the best combinations of smart, but friendly people in software development. We have very high standards for our engineers, but still manage to keep attitude and culture a necessity for new hires.

From a technical perspective, there are endless possibilities working here on machine learning and NLP problems on customer feedback data sets, distributed NoSQL systems, front-end data visualizations, automated testing frameworks, etc. Everybody can learn from anybody and there are precious few boundaries between teams.

From a learning perspective, some teams working closely with clients on agile/iterative processes while others focus on pure infrastructure tasks. Our twice a week deployment schedule means there's very little wasted time in developing, testing, and deploying new features and there's always work to be done and a willingness to hear new ideas. Various side projects (even non-work related ones) are plentiful and we are free to use and contribute towards open source projects as well.

ConsCompetition grade ping-pong table hasn't been used in months :(

On a more serious note, the stress of catering to a large number of enterprise clients and the small size of our engineering team do tend to result in a tiny bit of frustration which we take out with baseball bats and nerf guns on our tiny zoo of innocent stuffed sea animals.

Advice to Senior ManagementOur next hackathon is really overdue!

Inspire your developers with a vision and enable them to move openly towards it rather than shedding light in a new direction at each step in the dark.

Great Company, Full of Great People

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at Medallia

Pros: - Great people - Fair workload and hours - Good location - Interesting… Cons: Being an enterprise product, it can be frustrating to yield to the demands of clients more than a consumer product might… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

A good place to learn and grow

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at Medallia

Pros: It's a good learning environment, and a technology oriented company.… Cons: Since this is a young company, training and carrer paths are not… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Medallia.

Worked for Medallia? Contribute to the Community!