Medallia

There are newer employer reviews for Medallia

Impactful

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Palo Alto, CA
Current Employee - Software Engineer in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at Medallia full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Medallia's engineering team contains one of the best combinations of smart, but friendly people in software development. We have very high standards for our engineers, but still manage to keep attitude and culture a necessity for new hires.

From a technical perspective, there are endless possibilities working here on machine learning and NLP problems on customer feedback data sets, distributed NoSQL systems, front-end data visualizations, automated testing frameworks, etc. Everybody can learn from anybody and there are precious few boundaries between teams.

From a learning perspective, some teams working closely with clients on agile/iterative processes while others focus on pure infrastructure tasks. Our twice a week deployment schedule means there's very little wasted time in developing, testing, and deploying new features and there's always work to be done and a willingness to hear new ideas. Various side projects (even non-work related ones) are plentiful and we are free to use and contribute towards open source projects as well.

Cons

Competition grade ping-pong table hasn't been used in months :(

On a more serious note, the stress of catering to a large number of enterprise clients and the small size of our engineering team do tend to result in a tiny bit of frustration which we take out with baseball bats and nerf guns on our tiny zoo of innocent stuffed sea animals.

Our next hackathon is really overdue!

Inspire your developers with a vision and enable them to move openly towards it rather than shedding light in a new direction at each step in the dark.

53 Other Employee Reviews for Medallia (View Most Recent)

Great Company, Full of Great People

I have been working at Medallia

Pros

- Great people
    - Fair workload and hours
    - Good location
    - Interesting problems to solve
    - Yearly company trip to Tahoe
    - Food and snacks

Cons

Being an enterprise product, it can be frustrating to yield to the demands of clients more than a consumer product might need to. That said, working with enterprise clients gives us the opportunity to work with some really stellar people and businesses.

A good place to learn and grow

I have been working at Medallia

Pros

It's a good learning environment, and a technology oriented company. You always have a say in every feature you work on.

Cons

Since this is a young company, training and carrer paths are not yet very clear, but I hope this will change in the near future.

There are newer employer reviews for Medallia