Medallia

There are newer employer reviews for Medallia

Living the Silicon Valley growth company dream

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at Medallia full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Cool culture. Great hiring - hires for brains and good attitudes. People are capable, friendly, collaborative, hard working and have a lot of fun. Silicon Valley perks - catered lunches 2 days a week, Friday happy hours, fun work space. Workers get the nice spots by the windows and execs have tiny little offices with no windows. Company is making it - growing fast, the software works, it keeps getting better, customers are generally happy, services does great work. Management is relatively humble, constantly aiming to get better, cares about employee satisfaction. They celebrate the good,acknowledge the bad, and put in place initiatives to get better all the time.

Cons

Growth creates growing pains. Top execs like to hire in senior staff from outside, making it hard for people to advance. Not much staff development. Middle managers don't - or can't - develop their people - just throw them at the work.

Instead of just focusing on "culture" (which is great and I like a lot), focus also on staff development. Support people who want to grow in their career.

53 Other Employee Reviews for Medallia (View Most Recent)

Feeling the growing pain

I have been working at Medallia full-time

Pros

We have very smart, understanding people who work hard and smart. People also find their life and work balance in every ways. I definitely enjoys the culture and so proud of the quality of the product and the services we provide to our customers.

Cons

No clear career path. As the company grow, the company culture has been twisted. The company is trying to keep it, but most of the old Medallians feel it is losing. Sometimes you feel the company is lack of recognition of your work and contribution.

We need more caring managers that care about our growth as much as the company growth.

not too bad

I worked at Medallia full-time

Pros

- People are nice and easy to work with
    - They seem to be attracting some high profile clients
    - Decent for work-life balance and benefits - although not at par with the bigger/more popular companies of the silicon valley - are still ok

Cons

- Career growth prospects severely limited
     - Its more of a business people company and hence they're not too keen on developing great technology or on countering technical bottlenecks
     - Their product needs improvement in terms of the setup and maintenance costs
     - No bonuses

The company needs more engineers than most people seem to realize

There are newer employer reviews for Medallia