Medallia

www.medallia.com
There are newer employer reviews for Medallia

great people, genius product, growing pains

Current Employee - People & Culture Team Member in Palo Alto, CA
Current Employee - People & Culture Team Member in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at Medallia full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Culture worth fighting for, down to earth leadership, transparency in company goals, competitive compensation, feeling of ownership and opportunity to shape the scaling company

Cons

Effectively a 13-year-old startup, some elements found in more established companies are missing, like clear career path and standardized processes in some areas. Some may love this and others might hate it, but these are the growing pains of a company that is trying to double this year and again next

We can't be focusing 100% of our energy on filling our hiring needs - the needs of current employees and even candidates who are interviewing must be looked at as equally important (with our extremely low churn rate this is not an issue yet but must be taken into consideration as we continue to grow)

56 Other Employee Reviews for Medallia (View Most Recent)

Great culture

I have been working at Medallia

Pros

Everyone is really pleasant to be around and supportive of others. The work environment is fun and collaborative. They have free food, a gym, and other nice amenities. Everyone who is hired must first be interviewed by someone from People and Culture to make sure they fit the type of personality that Medallia is looking for.

Cons

People are given a lot of autonomy which can be a con if you someone who likes to be under close supervision and know exactly what your schedule will be like.

Going slower to go faster

Current Employee - Executive-level in Palo Alto, CA
    Current Employee - Executive-level in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at Medallia full-time (less than a year)

Pros

People are wonderful, everyone is friendly and there are (generally) no egos involved. People are curious about you, your work, and how they can help you.

Rapid growth and extremely high potential. We are solving real problems for our customers and changing how they do their business, which is very motivating!

Cons

Lost aspect of "lean" that I looked for when joining a high-growth, startuppy place. All execs talk about moving fast, but I don't feel like this is possible when I'm not empowered to make decisions or (even worse) have my decisions overruled. The entire executive team (10 people) votes on everything and pretty much has to be aligned for big decisions (that or the CEO/ President can overrule). It seems like we're always planning for every corner case and outcome rather than getting a good-enough solution in place, and iterating.

I think there is a lot of potential but we really need to stop the consensus culture that we have. This year we kicked off a major initiative around building out career paths for our employees. I can't express how happy I was when we started, but I don't understand why it's taking so long. I've been invited to 5+ meetings to talk about my thoughts on career path and now I just feel like I'm being repetitive. Is it that I'm not being heard, or that they're quintuple-checking that I have been heard exactly right? Either is not preferred and a drain on my time. We're never going to get it right with our speed of growth, and I don't think anyone expects that. Just give us something to start with and we'll iterate from there.

There are newer employer reviews for Medallia