Medallia

www.medallia.com
  www.medallia.com
There are newer employer reviews for Medallia

Going slower to go faster

Current Employee - Executive-level in Palo Alto, CA
Current Employee - Executive-level in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at Medallia full-time (less than an year)

Pros

People are wonderful, everyone is friendly and there are (generally) no egos involved. People are curious about you, your work, and how they can help you.

Rapid growth and extremely high potential. We are solving real problems for our customers and changing how they do their business, which is very motivating!

Cons

Lost aspect of "lean" that I looked for when joining a high-growth, startuppy place. All execs talk about moving fast, but I don't feel like this is possible when I'm not empowered to make decisions or (even worse) have my decisions overruled. The entire executive team (10 people) votes on everything and pretty much has to be aligned for big decisions (that or the CEO/ President can overrule). It seems like we're always planning for every corner case and outcome rather than getting a good-enough solution in place, and iterating.

I think there is a lot of potential but we really need to stop the consensus culture that we have. This year we kicked off a major initiative around building out career paths for our employees. I can't express how happy I was when we started, but I don't understand why it's taking so long. I've been invited to 5+ meetings to talk about my thoughts on career path and now I just feel like I'm being repetitive. Is it that I'm not being heard, or that they're quintuple-checking that I have been heard exactly right? Either is not preferred and a drain on my time. We're never going to get it right with our speed of growth, and I don't think anyone expects that. Just give us something to start with and we'll iterate from there.

54 Other Employee Reviews for Medallia (View Most Recent)

Huge growth potential

Current Employee - Director of Sales in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Director of Sales in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Medallia full-time (less than an year)

Pros

-Great team atmosphere, everyone always willing to and often proactively trying to help
    -Very rapid growth
    -Customers are extremely happy, I've never seen customers so positive on a company or more importantly the people they work with

Cons

-Growing pains: Trying to grow quickly, but maintaining stringent hiring criteria so not quite meeting hiring quotas.
    -Long hours, lots to do, always busy (could be good and bad)

Great Company-- but need better execution on seeing things through

Current Employee - Sales Department
    Current Employee - Sales Department

I have been working at Medallia full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great upside potential. Flexible working hours. Strong culture.

Cons

Company meetings drag on for ever. Lots of fan fare and lip service but very rarely see items executed on. The extent that culture is focused on looses it's genuine organic feel (i.e. are we doing things b/c we are really cool or because we need to help our employees feel like we we're really cool).

Listen to employees. If there is a bad apple identified in the workforce, cut them loose. Our reputation is at stake and we can't have loose cannons with bad behavior bullying our prospects or tarnishing our name.

There are newer employer reviews for Medallia