Excellent Employer

Current Employee - Operations Manager in Bakersfield, CA
Current Employee - Operations Manager in Bakersfield, CA

I have been working at Medcor full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

-Positive work environment in a rapidly growing, forward-thinking company. -Excellent pay and benefits. -Excellent, flexible schedules. -Willing to work with employees who are going back to school to advance their careers. -Open door policy with management. -Locations across United States. -Opportunities for paramedics, EMTs, nurses and practitioners alike. -This company breaks the class ceiling for paramedics.

Cons

-None. This is truly the best company I have ever worked for. -I wish I would have found Medcor sooner.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work. You have a great model and the sky is the limit.

Other Employee Reviews for Medcor

1. Finally a decent place to work

I have been working at Medcor full-time (More than a year)

Pros

After years of bouncing around I finally have a steady, stable career, and its not as physically draining as many other jobs I qualify for.

Cons

Boring a lot of the time. When one project finishes the next may not be there immediately, so there may be a break in the steady income.

RN- triage/call center

Former Employee - RN - Triage in McHenry, IL
    Former Employee - RN - Triage in McHenry, IL

I worked at Medcor full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Pay scale is okay. Co-workers are friendly. The corporate environment is very employee work/life focused but it policies and values do not transfer to the call center employees. Possible work from home opportunities but there is always a string attached. Founders of the company seem to really work hard at creating a positive work environment but it does not translate to the call center employees.

Cons

Call center managers (different than corporate management) got their positions on a fluke as the company expanded and simply do not have good management skills. Consistency in policies and how weekends and schedules are offered are poor and it creates hard feelings towards managers (not co-workers).

Advice to Management

Corporate leaders: please look closely at how the call center runs and who is running it. A portion of review and pay scale should be based on performance. Slackers get paid same as those who excel and exceed expectations. Last, treat the call center employees as well as you do the corporate and IT employees.