Medecision

www.medecision.com
  www.medecision.com
There are newer employer reviews for Medecision

Wouldn't recommend to my friends and family!

I have been working at Medecision full-time

Pros

Flexible with hours, ability to work from home, fun and intelligent co-workers/peers.

Cons

Layoffs are again on the books.
Lots of titles and more senior/vp titles hired.
Product needs improvement, too many defects and lacking functionality.
Processes are broken and while the effort is there to improve, slow to change.
The aesthetics of the C-suite building appeared to be important in 2010 and when the changes weren't appealing it was done again - all the while laying people off.
Work/Life balance has gone downhill.
Performance reviews were revamped mid-year with only 2 weeks notice on the changes and no opportunity to adjust to new metrics. Provided Sr. Management a good baseline to aid them in cleaning house.....again.

Quit shuffling people around - make the appropriate changes, the company is once again top heavy. Fix the product, make it better all around, make implementation easier. There are smart people here who can do the job, allow them to do their jobs.
Cleaning up from previous senior management's mistakes is never easy ,but seriously, I think Miss Gage is in over her head. I've seen the logo change and the development of a SAS product for small customers, but nothing has changed with the flagship application.

70 Other Employee Reviews for Medecision (View Most Recent)

Stay Away- No Sales

Current Employee - Consulting
    Current Employee - Consulting

I have been working at Medecision full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Work at home, some good people, healthcare coverage below standard, PTO time good

Cons

Too many broken processes, nobody wants to fix them, terrible consulting organization, some misrepresentive information to customers regarding software capabilities.
    No communication from management...
     I enjoy my team but am embarrassed by the reputation in the market. Colleagues at other companies give me a knowing look of pity when I tell them where I work.
    How can a health plan function if they cannot use the software. Work arounds???
    Our internal development team do not know how to make it function.

The benefits are the worse, pay is well below standard for the industry.

I have been here a little over 2 years and worked very hard with little rewards. Was promised a bonus plan, but aways an excuse on why it was moved to another day. Really?
    Implementations take way too long, is that due to the fact you want to get more money on implementations? Look at what the competition is doing. The direction here is not up for growth. Employees looking to leave....

Cannot close a deal, have you looked at who is selling?
    Management needs to clean house soon,
    Scary times at company
    Staff are looking for other jobs
    Look at an overhaul of the exec team

Some much more that can get done, but you must work around the egos above you.

I worked at Medecision

Pros

My peers were very nice and I enjoyed "going to battle" with them.

Cons

Constantly changing direction from above.

Why do you have so many VP's in areas that don't need it and why are you hiring more people after just laying-off over 40 people. You should look at your management structure before you get rid of the people who actually do the work.

There are newer employer reviews for Medecision