There are newer employer reviews for Medecision

This is a Sinking ship

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wayne, PA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wayne, PA

I have been working at Medecision full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Flexible work schedule/Work from home/intelligent co-workers

Cons

There has recently been a layoff of 33% of the company (+,+,+).
The company was already top heavy, but no VP's were let go during the layoff. In fact they are hiring more VP's.
People were already over worked and not sure how Deb Gage will handle managing the company
with such a depleted work force.
Work/Life balance has gone downhill
The code is a mess

Get into the life boats

reviews filtered by
  1. “ok, not great”

I worked at Medecision full-time

Pros

They gave me a great salary. Also, there's some really smart people there, who know so much about technology. Additionally, open source software is not just tolerated; it's used almost everywhere. The people are pretty fun to be around too.

Cons

Management is not good, overall. Some managers are awesome, don't get me wrong, but others are very risk averse, unmotivational, and suck any willingness you may have to do right by the company.

If you end up as a coder, realize that the code is a mess. Management is too risk averse (overall) to try to fix that.

The direction of the company is gonna be interesting under the new CEO (Miss Gage).

ok, not great

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Chesterbrook, PA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Chesterbrook, PA

I have been working at Medecision

Cons

MEDecision is a software company; it should be led by software people. The missed deadlines, many bugs, etc. is a result of poor technological management.

There are newer employer reviews for Medecision