There are newer employer reviews for Medecision

What do you get when you cross Dilbert with the Titanic...

Former Employee - Business Analyst
Former Employee - Business Analyst

I worked at Medecision full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

- flexible schedule
- competitive salary
- people doing the work are incredibly talented, experienced and cooperative
- was employed there for almost 10 years and considered most of the folks I worked with as friends first, coworkers second
- can count on one hand the worker-bee-level people that I had to deal with that were a pain or difficult to get along with

Cons

- almost all those talented and experienced people are gone now
- layoffs the past two years (mini-purge in 11/2011; massive purge (1/3 of company) in 12/2012-02/2013) have decimated the company
- folks left behind are stuck on a rudderless ship; and even if the current management could steer, have no confidence that they know what direction to go
- as others have indicated, there remains a huge disconnect between management and staff, and there appears to be no desire at all to acknowledge this gap, much less to determine a way to bridge it and create a solid company again

this is a fairly pointless exercise, since the current management has no desire to listen to advice from anyone - and certainly not from a former employee.
however, I will provide this observation --- stop calling the staff a "low performing organization" when they have accomplished all the objectves set forth by management (hitting release dates with all desired functionality and at targeted quality levels). it is not the fault of the R&D, Operations and Support areas that the company is not making sales and bleeding clients.
perhaps an honest evaluation of the sales and marketing objectives - and the overall business plan (what number are we up to? i think there have been four "new directions" since Deb Gage took over) - is in order.

reviews filtered by

Promising company ruined

Current Employee - Employee in Chesterbrook, PA
    Current Employee - Employee in Chesterbrook, PA

I have been working at Medecision full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Great, and by great I mean PHENOMENAL staff....Unfortunately they were all let go
    Work from home

Cons

New head incapable of leading the company upward, (everyone is essentially her underling "move the boxes, house sit for me, run my errands, watch out for my dog"), secrets and lies run rampant here; not interested in being innovative.
    RUN!

How about some loyalty to the staff that got our company rated as exceptional by our customer?/ Remember this announcement, right before you announced that you would be laying off 1/3 of the company? Hiring MORE VPs right on the tails of this is insulting!! Exactly who are they leading???

GET SOME LEGITIMATE SALES! Hint: You get this by creating technology that is innovative!!

STOP WITH THE SECRETS AND LIES! The "secret" trip to India means one thing to those of us that remain: OUTSOURCING!

Its been real

Current Employee - Developer in Wayne, NJ
    Current Employee - Developer in Wayne, NJ

I have been working at Medecision full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great people to work with and lots of flex within scheduling.

Cons

All I can say is Medecision inherited a WEAK CEO!( Deb Gage) She has hired many VPs or better yet , "Yes People". The people that spoke out are now working elsewhere. A quot from the CEO, " HCSC has deep pockets." Sure lets paint the product and and force clients to upgrade. Lets redo the lobby? Wait, something wrong here? Maybe we can buy out another company and get their clients., but first lets get rid of 1/3 of the company so that we can pay for this. Pity the fool!

Look for another gig before the ship sinks.

There are newer employer reviews for Medecision