Media General
www.mediageneral.com Richmond, VA 5000+ Employees

My experience was very good.

Tampa, FL

I worked at Media General

ProsColleagues are wonderful, interesting people. Working in same building with TV station WFLA and website TBO.com provides good multimedia experience. Building is in nice location downtown with picture windows overlooking the Hillsborough River.

ConsAtmosphere a little depressing due to state of newspapers, shrinkage in newsroom staffing and news hole and continued threat of layoffs.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement is probably doing everything it can in a difficult situation. It could perhaps do more to let employees know how much they are appreciated.

Good people but company is in rough waters

Richmond, VA

I worked at Media General

Pros: The people there are great and the atmosphere is relaxed. They are going through cutbacks. For someone… Cons: MG is a media company in a bad economy and there have been… Advice to Senior Management: You've been giving yourself raises while the company is going down the tubes. What does that do for morale? I bet… More

Good place to learn and grow

Tampa, FL

I worked at Media General

Pros: Lhigh number of assets to be competitive in the market Cons: Too many initiatives and constant change. There is not opportunity to… More

There are newer reviews on Media General.

Worked for Media General? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Media General reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Media General CEO Marshall N. Morton. All reviews posted anonymously by Media General employees.