Media General
www.mediageneral.com Richmond, VA 1000 to 5000 Employees

Don't go down with a sinking ship

Account Executive (Current Employee)
Tampa, FL

ProsProduct at one time was great. Nice people to work with. could have been a lifelong career.

ConsManagement has no clue about changing times, the paper is not what it use to be.. They sit there and say we are the trib and advertisers need us. This company for years has been reactives as opposed to proactive. Through mismanagement from the top all the way down to the local sales managers has given the St. Pete Times the opportunity to take over the Tampa Bay market.

Advice to Senior ManagementLook for new jobs because It's too late. This company will be shut down and the building and land will be sold. You handed over the market to the Times, hope you enjoye!

Brief but fun!

Web Developer (Former Employee)
    Raleigh, NC

I worked at Media General as a contractor for less than a year

Pros: I worked briefly at a Media General station that was piloting hyperlocal social media. At the time, it was a… Cons: Media General corporate seemed very disconnected from individual properties (stations/papers) and thus seemed out of touch with what was and wasn't working with… More

Sad

Account Executive (Current Employee)
    Tampa, FL

I have been working at Media General full-time for more than a year

Pros: Most coworkers make it a fun and enjoyable place to… Cons: Don't take a job as an inside sales rep. The call center is managed by people that will tell you what you want to hear… Advice to Senior Management: There are too many people in supervisory positions that did not get to where they are through hard work and merit. Politics and the good… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Media General.

Worked for Media General? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Media General reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Media General CEO Marshall N. Morton. All reviews posted anonymously by Media General employees.