Media General

www.mediageneral.com

Still too many self-interested middle managers counting till retirement. Incapable managers remain.

Web Developer (Former Employee) Richmond, VA

ProsGood place to learn for a short time, work on your skills and try to numb yourself to inevitable M.T. Suits which remain after new owners.

ConsCompany has such a history of mismanagement and indifference to employees that any manager with 10+ years would have to be removed and that isn't likely. Not a single word from any company rep or source could be trusted. Every encounter with management forced one into a defensive position -management very confrontational. Exhausting micro-management.

Advice to Senior ManagementUntil old management has reached their retirement or been ousted, little positive change can occur unless forced upon them by new owners.

okay to work there

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Media General

Pros: good pay and benefits, flexible schedules Cons: not personal, not understanding, not caring More

Worst place I ever worked, bar none!

Account Executive (Former Employee) Columbus, GA

I worked at Media General full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Knowledgeable and helpful co-workers who cared about the product. The product… Cons: Managers are inept as it gets. Good ole boy system alive and well in their linen suits. Upper management is absolutely clueless. … Advice to Senior Management: Already given and rejected. They prefer to ride this… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Media General.

Worked for Media General? Contribute to the Community!