MediaMath

www.mediamath.com
  www.mediamath.com
There are newer employer reviews for MediaMath

The best place I have ever worked and I've worked in many.

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in New York, NY
Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in New York, NY

I have been working at MediaMath full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Creative freedom and respect for creativity, very smart people some industry leaders that came over from other companies, building software to explore, organize and simplify the frontier of online advertising, free snacks and drinks, fun environment with jokes and laughing (if you want), parties and activities if you want to participate in that (not mandatory), world class location, good pay, company growing 2x every year, good benefits, you are not condemned for a failure or a mistake because the company is doing so well there's margin for experimentation and exploration, working with Big Data and coming up with solutions to scale things massively, anyone can initiate a project and if you can deliver on it (however small) or demonstrate its efficacy you usually get the green light to go ahead with it. If you are creative and need a place to demonstrate it, this is it. The CEO is beyond words smart about this industry, inspirational and is really nice. The rest of the upper management is top notch too. Context: I'm a C++ programmer but I also do an equal amount of coding here with Perl, Node.js, Lua and Javascript. I use the scripting languages to quickly demonstrate proof of concept and then if necessary use C++ to code a faster version.

Cons

Sometimes a very free atmosphere is difficult for some people who want to be "managed" (not me). My part of the company, engineering, is more about spontaneous projects that fit within our domain, initiated by smart people and guided by a light touch of management. As with all companies there are pockets of imperfection. People are people and that always involves a bit of friction, especially if you are working with a motivated, self-confident, smart and ambitious crew.

Don't make any drastic changes! 2x growth per year isn't something that needs fixing.

78 Other Employee Reviews for MediaMath (View Most Recent)

Used to be on a great path...

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at MediaMath full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Smart people, problem solvers, collaborative work environment

Cons

The organization as a whole is very disorganized. Everything is done extremely last minute so there are constant fire drills that distract from real goals. There is a re-org and change of focus for the company every few months. The executive team rarely communicates to the rest of the company and can't even get on the same page. There are a couple brilliant minds on that team and a couple that no one has any idea what they do and contribute very little value if any. Very little room for career growth.

Get organized, stay focused for more than 6 months at a time.

Challenging

Current Employee - Sales Director
    Current Employee - Sales Director

I have been working at MediaMath full-time

Pros

Great technology but does not know how to support sales people.

Cons

Incompetent Sales leadership, especially at the VP level.

More autonomy for individual contributors.

There are newer employer reviews for MediaMath