MediaMath

www.mediamath.com

Enjoy every moment working here!

Core Software Test Engineer (Current Employee) New York, NY

Pros1. Great place for people to learn and grow, especially for young graduates who just come out of school without any work experience. At MediaMath, you have the opportunity to work with all those smart Math Men and Women. People come from different backgrounds and bring their brilliant ideas all to MediaMath.
2. MediaMath is Engineering based. All of the people here appreciate what the engineering team does to help the company grow tremendously. So if you are a tech geek like me, this is definitely the company that you would come and work for.
3. Great culture. People are really nice and respectful to each other. If you are a newbie, your team members are always there to answer your questions. In the team meeting, everyone is encouraged to speak and challenge other people, even your manager by giving a better idea or method to continuously improve team work. Remember, critical thinking is always the key in MediaMath culture.
4. Various activities. Biweekly War Room Demo and Quarterly Update allows you to be in the leading edge of the ad industry. As an employee, you're really involved with company strategy and growth. Almost forget this year we have our first Hackathon, It's really amazing to see demos of all these brilliant ideas such as Weather Targeting and Lady Lunch finished in just one short day and turning them into real products later this year. Also this summer the annual MediaMath cruise and happy summertime (rooftop bar) are coming back!
5. Easy face to face talk with CEO, CTO and other senior managers. In MediaMath, everyone work hard and grow with the company. So if you have any good idea about anything which is beneficial to the company's growth, you are always welcome to speak with your manager.
6. Annual personal goal setting for every employee. MediaMath makes sure your career goal is tied together with company goal.
7. Flexible working time but fast pace and high efficiency. No 8 hours rule! No extra time during weekend! For engineering team, people usually come between 10 and 10:30 and you can leave before 5 if you finish your work. By the way, starting 2014, we have unlimited PTO!!!
8. Great benefits. Dental and Vision are free plus from 2014 you only need to pay a small amount of money annually after upgrading health insurance from Cigna to Aetna. For 401K, MediaMath will match 50% of up to 6% of your annual income. Base salary is good and you receive bonus or even base salary increase every two quarters based on your goal setting and performance.
9. Lots of food, snacks, and drinks. Grab some beers if you're feeling stuck. Not to mention Friday bagels, engineering team breakfast and weekly free massage. Pets are welcome here! ^-^

Cons1. MediaMath is currently expanding internationally. As we grow, the current Broadway headquarter seems a little small to hold more brilliant people coming in. But we will have a new headquarter in June 2015!!!
2. Systematic training is needed for new employee, especially for engineering team, so that new employee can understand the product faster. Right now engineer team is working to update MediaMath wiki/blog and upload demo videos so that new hires can get familiar with their work more quickly.

Advice to Senior ManagementAs the company grows, more experienced managers are needed from multiple fields but senior management is better to be relatively stable.

Good luck if you work in a satellite office

I have been working at MediaMath full-time for more than a year

Pros: MediaMath can be a fun company to work for and it is growing fast and it seems like… Cons: Compensation is low and benefits are expensive. Good luck trying to get ahead or noticed if you work in a satellite office. HR only seems… Advice to Senior Management: Listen to employees below a senior level and implement changes to improve… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Great Growing Company

Human Resources (Current Employee) New York, NY

I have been working at MediaMath full-time for less than a year

Pros: AdTech is an area that is just starting to take off and it's spectacular to be on the ground floor of a company that is… Cons: Sometimes, things to feel a bit unorganized; however, it seems like things are slowly getting back on track as MediaMath listens to it's employees. … Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on MediaMath.

Worked for MediaMath? Contribute to the Community!