Excellent Internship Opportunity at a Growing Company

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern in New York, NY
Former Intern - Anonymous Intern in New York, NY

I worked at MediaMath as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

The work environment and company culture both are excellent, fostered by a group of intelligent, motivated, and team-oriented employees. Everyone enjoys what they do and always makes everybody feel welcomed and accepted no matter what their position in the organization. I couldn't have asked for a better place to intern.

Cons

Since the company is growing and has a limited amount of space, desk sizes are somewhat tiny. Despite this, the spaces are usable and are conducive to most everyone's needs.

Advice to Management

Given the pace at which MediaMath is growing, management should consider offering interns a full-time job opportunity at the end of their internships in order to show that MediaMath is serious about retaining and developing employees.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Enjoy every moment working here!

Current Employee - Core Software Test Engineer in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Core Software Test Engineer in New York, NY

I have been working at MediaMath full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

1. Great place for people to learn and grow, especially for young graduates who just come out of school without any work experience. At MediaMath, you have the opportunity to work with all those smart Math Men and Women. People come from different backgrounds and bring their brilliant ideas all to MediaMath.
    2. MediaMath is Engineering based. All of the people here appreciate what the engineering team does to help the company grow tremendously. So if you are a tech geek like me, this is definitely the company that you would come and work for.
    3. Great culture. People are really nice and respectful to each other. If you are a newbie, your team members are always there to answer your questions. In the team meeting, everyone is encouraged to speak and challenge other people, even your manager by giving a better idea or method to continuously improve team work. Remember, critical thinking is always the key in MediaMath culture.
    4. Various activities. Biweekly War Room Demo and Quarterly Update allows you to be in the leading edge of the ad industry. As an employee, you're really involved with company strategy and growth. Almost forget this year we have our first Hackathon, It's really amazing to see demos of all these brilliant ideas such as Weather Targeting and Lady Lunch finished in just one short day and turning them into real products later this year. Also this summer the annual MediaMath cruise and happy summertime (rooftop bar) are coming back!
    5. Easy face to face talk with CEO, CTO and other senior managers. In MediaMath, everyone work hard and grow with the company. So if you have any good idea about anything which is beneficial to the company's growth, you are always welcome to speak with your manager.
    6. Annual personal goal setting for every employee. MediaMath makes sure your career goal is tied together with company goal.
    7. Flexible working time but fast pace and high efficiency. No 8 hours rule! No extra time during weekend! For engineering team, people usually come between 10 and 10:30 and you can leave before 5 if you finish your work. By the way, starting 2014, we have unlimited PTO!!!
    8. Great benefits. Dental and Vision are free plus from 2014 you only need to pay a small amount of money annually after upgrading health insurance from Cigna to Aetna. For 401K, MediaMath will match 50% of up to 6% of your annual income. Base salary is good and you receive bonus or even base salary increase every two quarters based on your goal setting and performance.
    9. Lots of food, snacks, and drinks. Grab some beers if you're feeling stuck. Not to mention Friday bagels, engineering team breakfast and weekly free massage. Pets are welcome here! ^-^

Cons

1. MediaMath is currently expanding internationally. As we grow, the current Broadway headquarter seems a little small to hold more brilliant people coming in. But we will have a new headquarter in June 2015!!!
    2. Systematic training is needed for new employee, especially for engineering team, so that new employee can understand the product faster. Right now engineer team is working to update MediaMath wiki/blog and upload demo videos so that new hires can get familiar with their work more quickly.

Advice to Management

As the company grows, more experienced managers are needed from multiple fields but senior management is better to be relatively stable.

Great Growing Company

Current Employee - Human Resources in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Human Resources in New York, NY

I have been working at MediaMath full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

AdTech is an area that is just starting to take off and it's spectacular to be on the ground floor of a company that is really willing to listen to it's employees to ensure they have what they need to be successful. The benefits are top notch and there is a very laid back, friendly environment. I also feel like I have the support from my team (HR) to really grow into my career.

Best piece of advice- make sure to surround yourself with smart people and you can only grow from there! I feel like I've definitely done this at MediaMath.

Cons

Sometimes, things to feel a bit unorganized; however, it seems like things are slowly getting back on track as MediaMath listens to it's employees. In a company that grew as fast as MediaMath did, these things tend to happen.

Lack of space is an issue (when is it not!); however, I can see the wheels turning to fix issue so hopefully it will happen soon.