There are newer employer reviews for MediaMath

Truly an amazing company to work for. Exciting and fast-growing!!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at MediaMath full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

MediaMath seems to be growing at an extremely fast pace, which is great for the company overall. The atmosphere at MediaMath is exciting. Everyone who works here is intelligent, hard working and collaborative. It is a great feeling to know you're working for a company that is number 1 in the industry. Very generous benefits and perks. The work-life balance is truly extraordinary.

Cons

Due to such rapid growth, larger facilities will eventually be necessary - but seems they've already planned ahead and figured it out!

Other Employee Reviews for MediaMath

Really great people and an exciting place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at MediaMath full-time

Pros

MediaMath hires really smart people and challenges them every day. We solve really hard problems and we are given a lot of freedom and encouragement to try new tools and technologies. Our technology stack this year is materially different than 18 months ago and 18 months prior to that. We are constantly challenging industry norms and our own in a good productive way. People at mediamath really care about the company. They care about changing and industry and about doing it with people we consider friends. The team is full of genuinely good people. The company is growing like crazy so its a wild ride, but we have a lot of fun at the same time. The management team does an excellent job listening to the employees and soliciting input about what we are doing right and where we can improve. lots of company perks like cell phones, food, monthly parties, standing desks, big dual monitors, and bagel fridays

Cons

typical challenges of fast growing companies. constant change, frequent reorganizations, remaining focused on the top goals and simply scaling an organization to capture opportunities. These make the ride a bit bumpy but when you are all working for the same goal we recognize why its happening.

Advice to Management

Keep focused on the goals, communicate them clearly and to drive them relentlessly. Keep up the great work!

tons of responsibility & opportunity, great work/life balance

Current Employee - Sales/Marketing Side in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Sales/Marketing Side in New York, NY

I have been working at MediaMath full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The pay is good, the unlimited paid time off policy is awesome. Best work/life balance of any company I've worked for. It's very family friendly, which really struck me when I interviewed. Tons of photos of "MediaMath babies" on the walls, and excitement around new moms and dads coming back from their mat/pat leave. Fun company parties like karaoke, world cup parties, that kind of thing. Expectations are really high, and there's lots of freedom (and expectation) that you'll figure out how to accomplish whatever tasks have been set out. It's great for personal growth that way. They take a very pro-active approach to employee feedback. There's a company-wide satisfaction survey every 6 months, and they not only share the results with everyone, but create real action plans around places of dissatisfaction. It's not ignored or hidden.

Cons

The office spaces in NYC are sufficient and usable, but nothing glamorous (at least not yet! will change when we get our new headquarters next spring!). Chicago is building out a new office, which will be gorgeous. The company is growing pretty fast, so there's the typical "who owns what / stepping on toes" dance that seems to always happen during times of fast growth.

Advice to Management

Get a solid, mandatory onboarding program that includes all global offices. What you've got is a start, but it could be a differentiator.