There are newer employer reviews for MediaMath

Great place to work

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer  in  Cambridge, MA
Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at MediaMath full-time for less than a year

Pros

People are smart and nice. Efficient and well-organized working processes. Free climate. Flexible working time. I live far so I'm allowed to work from home two days a week. And my working time on commuter trains are counted. Good compensation. Emails are only used for important announcements or system generated notifications. Most of communications are done via instance messaging in the chat room, which saves tons of time.

Cons

Not really. I'm really satisfied.

63 Other Employee Reviews for MediaMath (View Most Recent)

tons of responsibility & opportunity, great work/life balance

Current Employee - Sales/Marketing Side  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Sales/Marketing Side in New York, NY

I have been working at MediaMath full-time for less than a year

Pros

The pay is good, the unlimited paid time off policy is awesome.
    Best work/life balance of any company I've worked for. It's very family friendly, which really struck me when I interviewed. Tons of photos of "MediaMath babies" on the walls, and excitement around new moms and dads coming back from their mat/pat leave.
    Fun company parties like karaoke, world cup parties, that kind of thing.
    Expectations are really high, and there's lots of freedom (and expectation) that you'll figure out how to accomplish whatever tasks have been set out. It's great for personal growth that way.
    They take a very pro-active approach to employee feedback. There's a company-wide satisfaction survey every 6 months, and they not only share the results with everyone, but create real action plans around places of dissatisfaction. It's not ignored or hidden.

Cons

The office spaces in NYC are sufficient and usable, but nothing glamorous (at least not yet! will change when we get our new headquarters next spring!). Chicago is building out a new office, which will be gorgeous.
    The company is growing pretty fast, so there's the typical "who owns what / stepping on toes" dance that seems to always happen during times of fast growth.

Get a solid, mandatory onboarding program that includes all global offices. What you've got is a start, but it could be a differentiator.

Would never work there

Current Employee - Technical Writer  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Technical Writer in New York, NY

I have been working at MediaMath full-time for less than a year

Pros

Benefits are good
    Chair massages onc ea week

Cons

Management is lost
    Development team is great, the management is micromanaged and then ignored when they have ideas
    projects are started and then abandoned
    People are leaving in droves because of management

Stop thinking that merging with more companies and then having your development team run by external people who aren't even in the location where the development team is, is the right way to go. Your development is leaving because of management.

There are newer employer reviews for MediaMath

Worked for MediaMath? Contribute to the Community!