MediaTek
www.mediatek.com Hsinchu, Taiwan 5000+ Employees

Viewpoint of a MTK multimedia software engineer

Software Engineer (Current Employee)
Hsinchu (Taiwan)

I have been working at MediaTek full-time for more than 3 years

ProsHere you can co-work with the best people in Taiwan. Every task in MTK is always the best solution at that time, and the future improvement plan follows right after each product reaches MP. Everyone here works very hard. Very high pay, even better than US engineer offer.

ConsWorking hours are very long. Sometimes you can hardly find your free time everyday. Working from 9AM to 11PM could be ordinary before MP of critical products. Everyone here should be willing to sacrifice life quality for the achievement of Mediatek or money...
Due to heavy work load, it could be hard to find chances of job rotations.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork load should be carefully balanced, not only among a team but also between teams. Job rotation request of engineers should be accepted if the manpower permits.

Employee

Senior Technical Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at MediaTek full-time

Pros: Hard-working engineers and with good execution. Cons: 1. Focus on short term objectives mostly. 2. No good understanding… Advice to Senior Management: Giving the company scale, it is better off to have… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

A good place to learn something

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at MediaTek

Pros: A lot of talented people working very hard, and each… Cons: Work loading is too heavy More

There are newer reviews on MediaTek.

Worked for MediaTek? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at MediaTek reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for MediaTek CEO M.J. Tsai. All reviews posted anonymously by MediaTek employees.