There are newer employer reviews for MedicAnimal

Fun and friendly company. Grew too fast

Current Employee - Online Marketeer  in  London, England (UK)
Current Employee - Online Marketeer in London, England (UK)

I have been working at MedicAnimal full-time for less than a year

Pros

Fun atmosphere
Own responsibilities
Market leader
Informal
Strong management

Cons

As a marketeer you are too much dependent on IT to make changes to the website / optimize your progress.

Don't grow too fast. Get the basis right and work your way up.

20 Other Employee Reviews for MedicAnimal (View Most Recent)

Best job of my career but not for the lazy!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I have been working at MedicAnimal full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Unparalleled career progression opportunity, high-quality team members, real sense of doing things for more than just the money, encouraged to think and take the initiative. This is a job where if a colleague isn't pulling their weight you know they won't be there long and that makes for a great team. I started at an entry level, initially disappointed by the salary but proved myself and was quickly given more responsibility and management opportunity. This has been a career-changing job for me because as the company has grown, I've had the opportunity to grow with it, much faster than I would have at a perhaps "easier" more stable and better paying companies. I feel that this job has opened career opportunities for me that I would otherwise never have had.

Cons

Compensation is not as high as I would get elsewhere but the career progression opportunity and how much I've learned has far outweighed this. Super-fast growth and aggressive objectives has meant some periods of heavy work but when I look back on these periods I feel like it's when I've grown the most professionally and felt most fulfilled.

Be more vocal about all that our company does for charities and to improve pet welfare - not enough people on the team know about these actions. Most of all, don't listen to comments about needing to make work more "fun". Work should be an opportunity to grow and push oneself, not an amusement park.

A change for the worse

I have been working at MedicAnimal

Pros

People are friendly and trying to pull in the same direction.

Cons

Double standards some jobs are advertised internally while some will be given based upon whos friendly with who.If your a girl you'll be alright as you'll get a nice sit down job early.
    Company felt more unified in the beginning and as its grown its personal touches towards employees (day trips,supply of cakes) has largely been ignored or forgotten in the head long pursuit of turning the company into profit.
    Workers are constantly told they can be sacked at any given time and are replaceable.Whilst being true in any business it leaves employees feeling undervalued and less likely to value their importance towards a company.

Questioning where people would like to go in the company.
    Bringing a sense of fun back into a working environment so it doesn't just become a paycheck at the end of the month for people.
    Creating something other than a six month bonus scheme as people take this for granted after a while.Perhaps an extra in each following months pay for top workers as it would be on peoples mind more or greater pay difference between the bonus grades.

There are newer employer reviews for MedicAnimal

Worked for MedicAnimal? Contribute to the Community!