There are newer employer reviews for Medical Center of Central Georgia

this is lovely

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Macon, GA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Macon, GA

I have been working at Medical Center of Central Georgia

Pros

i really like the people, staff, management, and food. This is a very clean hospital that has the opportunity to really grow. Since it is public, there is a tight budget.

Cons

The parking stinks. You have to pay for a parking lot pass which comes straight out of your pay check.

I would upgrade parking to free for all that work there. Also I would provide more RN so there is clsoer patient-nurse ratio

18 Other Employee Reviews for Medical Center of Central Georgia (View Most Recent)

not much to do

Current Employee - Assistant Office Manager  in  Macon, GA
    Current Employee - Assistant Office Manager in Macon, GA

I have been working at Medical Center of Central Georgia

Pros

good pay, and if you don't want a lot to do it is ok

Cons

it is located down town in the middle of homeless town. very unsave.

not good

This can be a fun job, but don't expect GREAT benefits.

Current Employee - Clinical Tech IV  in  Macon, GA
    Current Employee - Clinical Tech IV in Macon, GA

I have been working at Medical Center of Central Georgia

Pros

Depending upon which floor you work for... you can meet some Great Co-workers. Having people that are fun to work with makes the day go by a lot quicker.

Cons

They recently go rid of the Pension plans. That was a really great benefit....but of course it all comes down to money. They also started basing our "Christmas Bonus Check" on how well the hospital performed during the fiscal year.

Your home unit will not authorize you for overtime. They have a system called "Bidshift" in which your unit and other units post various shifts for days they will be short staff members. Depending on who "bids" on the job they will select who makes the least amount hourly.

When I have requested overtime from my unit I am always told "it's not in our budget". But on several occasions I have been asked to work overtime when they couldn't get anyone else to bid on the shift. They don't want to help you out... but they expect you to drop everything to help them out!

Bring Back Pensions... Allow the employee's home unit to give overtime so they don't have't to bid on it on other floors they really don't want to work on.

There are newer employer reviews for Medical Center of Central Georgia

Worked for Medical Center of Central Georgia? Contribute to the Community!