Great place to learn

Current Employee - Postdoctoral Fellow in Milwaukee, WI
Current Employee - Postdoctoral Fellow in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Medical College of Wisconsin

Pros

Good training place for students and fellows

Cons

Average performance did not fly high

Advice to Management

Keep it up

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Great benefits, good lab experience

Former Employee - Research Technologist I in Wauwatosa, WI
    Former Employee - Research Technologist I in Wauwatosa, WI

I worked at Medical College of Wisconsin

Pros

Very good lab experience for recent college graduates in biology, biochemistry, or related medical science. Excellent benefits package, hard to beat! Clean facilities for research.

Cons

Experiences vary greatly depending on direct managers/supervisors. Pay rates are relatively low, the great benefits may or may not make up for this depending on your situation. If you are a recent college graduate, professional growth will be limited at MCW. Consider it a college education you get paid for, it is not a corporate work environment.

2. HORRIBLE! All depends on your direct manager

Former Employee - Clinical Research Coordinator II in Milwaukee, WI
    Former Employee - Clinical Research Coordinator II in Milwaukee, WI

I worked at Medical College of Wisconsin

Pros

MCW has a few good qualities such as their benefits package, if you work in administration you are 'supposed' to have a good work/life balance.

Cons

The compensation they offer employees is horrible. It also all depends on who your direct manager is. If you are offered a job in Emergency Medicine Research TURN IT DOWN! You will be worked like a slave, you will not be granted the days off you requested - worse, you will be told you can take vacation and then at the last minute told that you cannot. It is a very 'cliquey' environment. My program manager was also very controlling and verbally abusive. If he found out that you talked to his boss, instead of him, he would corner you in his office and yell at your for not following the rules of the 'hierarchy'. We also never received annual reviews and never received feedback on our work. HR needs to do a much better job looking at their managers and listening to the employees feedback - certain people should not be managing others.

Advice to Management

Upper management in my opinion has been doing a great job with how they are handling the economy and keeping MCW afloat, financially. However, there needs to be a central system for giving employee reviews, and a system of checks & balances so managers can be monitored as well.