There are newer employer reviews for Medical College of Wisconsin

MCW provides a highly professional, supportive and challenging environment for research.

Current Employee - Assistant Professor in Milwaukee, WI
Current Employee - Assistant Professor in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Medical College of Wisconsin full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Many resources, excellent support of staff and trainees, clinical and basic researchers are highly collaborative, and there are many opportunities to advance.

Cons

Some of the basic science labs are outdated, although many newer buildings have state-of-the-art labs.

Other Employee Reviews for Medical College of Wisconsin

1. The Medical College of Wisconsin is the best employer I have ever worked for!

Current Employee - Reimbursement Analyst II in Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Reimbursement Analyst II in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Medical College of Wisconsin full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Experience in all aspects of Medicine. From research to Teaching Physicians and their Residents.

Cons

The walk from parking lot to my office takes 7 minutes. It's actually a pro if the weather is nice. We all need our exercise!

Advice to Management

Recognize what outstanding employees you have. Not a generic message to all employees, but a personal thank you to one person or group.

2. Work at MCW

Current Employee - RN Triage in Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - RN Triage in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Medical College of Wisconsin full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Wonderfu,caring physicians,good benefits,no weekends or holidays.

Cons

UNFAIR treatment of employees,manager is always right attitude,micromanagement,lack of appreciation for putting extra time in,ie coming in early,staying late,no lunches.No compassion when an employee is ill/off of work for a surgical procedure,etc. Salaried position.

Advice to Management

Start showing respect to employees. KNOW they are often right-listen to their side of the story.