There are newer employer reviews for Medical College of Wisconsin

Relaxed working environment, limited career advance opportunaties

Current Employee - Research Scientist II in Milwaukee, WI
Current Employee - Research Scientist II in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Medical College of Wisconsin full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

As a regular staff (not faculty, not medical professionals), working for the college gives you all the perks of working for an academic institution. In general, the working environment is relaxed. Most of your work days are not intense. You do not have too many deadlines to catch. You can pretty much work with your own pace as long as you complete all you assigned task to the managers satisfaction. Health insurance plan is decent, you get to pay very little copay.

Cons

The whole college evolves around physicians. As such, the college does not provide much career advancement opportunities for regular staffs. Even you get above average job performance review, you are not promoted unless there is 'quota'/budget available. Physicians can take any classes offered by the college for free without any approval from any one, yet the same benefit are not offered to staff.
Don't expect much about your salary or employee benefits other than the health insurance. In the median to low range of the market.

reviews filtered by
  1. MCW provides a highly professional, supportive and challenging environment for research.

Current Employee - Assistant Professor in Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Assistant Professor in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Medical College of Wisconsin full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Many resources, excellent support of staff and trainees, clinical and basic researchers are highly collaborative, and there are many opportunities to advance.

Cons

Some of the basic science labs are outdated, although many newer buildings have state-of-the-art labs.

2. The Medical College of Wisconsin is the best employer I have ever worked for!

Current Employee - Reimbursement Analyst II in Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Reimbursement Analyst II in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Medical College of Wisconsin full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Experience in all aspects of Medicine. From research to Teaching Physicians and their Residents.

Cons

The walk from parking lot to my office takes 7 minutes. It's actually a pro if the weather is nice. We all need our exercise!

Recognize what outstanding employees you have. Not a generic message to all employees, but a personal thank you to one person or group.

There are newer employer reviews for Medical College of Wisconsin