Medical College of Wisconsin

www.mcw.edu

Mostly a good place to work

Pros

Great benefits. Respected within the community. The place to go when you are really sick. Physicians tend to be loyal to their staff.

Cons

No benefits for part-time employees. Raises have been very limited or frozen and the lower paid staff never really advance in compensation because their per cent raise is the same as higher paid staff.

Consider how difficult information is conveyed and how remaining staff are treated or the existing staff will leave once the economy improves.

Other reviews for Medical College of Wisconsin

My experience at the Medical College of Wisconsin has been mostly positive.

Current Employee - Postdoctoral Fellow  in  Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Postdoctoral Fellow in Milwaukee, WI

Pros

Some good reasons to work here compared to a traditional university are free parking, good insurance, and an in house cafeteria.

Cons

Conducting research at the Medical college can be extra difficult because of the lack of hard money.

Less than impressed

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant  in  Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Milwaukee, WI

Pros

Flexibility (some), good benefits, I honestly have been very disapointed since I started here.

Cons

Depending on the department you work in, you could have entirely different experiences. Every department is it's own silo with its own managment. My department in particular is extremely dysfunctional and HR refuses to step in and fix anything unless it is a legal issue. Turnover doesn't seem to bother anyone. Basic HR policies aren't followed yet when I brought this up with HR they didn't care. There is no leadership in my department and employees seem to do whatever they want with no repercussions. Very difficult to move up the career laddar or into another department. Will be looking to move on ASAP.

Hold management accountable. Take the staff survey seriously when there are complaints. If a department isn't functioning as it should, MCW should take action. When an employee voices major concerns, listen. Unless you are a part of management, there is no staff voice. Stop hiring high level positions without performing thorough evaluations/interviews. The department I work in has zero management which should be evaluated. Many wasted resources that should be questioned/evaluated.

There are newer employer reviews for Medical College of Wisconsin.

Worked for Medical College of Wisconsin? Contribute to the Community!