Medical Consultants Network

To much work

Former Employee - Telemarketing
Former Employee - Telemarketing

I worked at Medical Consultants Network

Pros

Some days the phone won't even ring and some other days it would be ringing to much. It is the beauty of that kind of a job.

Cons

Don't ever think you will ever be promoted. I hardly find that many telemarketing jobs that appealing to start with.

The management of a couple should strongly be dominated by one of the two. Conflicts of interested may arise when the couple are not getting along with each other.

Apr 3, 2014President

Thank you for commenting. Workflow varies in any job. Many internal promotions have taken place and the company prefers to promote from within. The majority of key managers are internal promotions ... More

19 Other Employee Reviews for Medical Consultants Network (View Most Recent)

A great place to build a career.

Former Employee - Recruiter in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Seattle, WA

I worked at Medical Consultants Network full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great work-life balance. Good growth opportunities. Individuals come in at the same level and grow fast within the organization. They only promote from within so one never feels that there is any position that is not gained through merit.

I loved the office location.

Bottom line: healthcare is at least 20% of our GDP and this is a company that is well positioned to grow within the space.

Cons

I left because I moved to a different industry, not because I didn't enjoy my job. If healthcare is your thing then you will learn all you can and more at MCN. If healthcare is not your thing then there are still valuable opportunities to be had. If there was anything bad about my time at MCN it was the fact that some of the employees failed to recognize that success isn't handed to you on a golden platter; rather it is earned. From what I have heard, however, the caliber of the employees at the company is constantly improving so this is likely no longer an issue.

After seeing a negative review I felt obliged to leave my two cents. This was a great company to work for. While the industry is often overlooked, it is as valid and meaningful as any. The MCN brand does not have the cache of a tech company but it has been around and will be around long after the trends change and put the celebrity names out of business. This is a genuine business atmosphere (of the type rarely found these days) wherein one's growth depends on their performance and a long term career is possible through hard work and dedication. I knew plenty of people that view their jobs as a stepping stone, and I often like to ask them: to where? MCN does not purport to be a Microsoft but in its own sphere it is a very prestigious firm.

My one piece of advice to the company would be to perhaps provide more team building events or social gatherings. I have seen Friday afternoon get-togethers in other companies go over quite well. This could well be possible at MCN given that it has such a superb break-room.

Dec 18, 2014Human Resources

Thank you for your supportive and insightful comments. Your suggesting that we engage in more team building events is a good one. Many staff do so informally at local places in the evening, but ... More

Nice Bridge Job

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative

I have been working at Medical Consultants Network full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Nice work environment; co-workers are helpful and nice to work with. This job will show you the importance of communication internally and externally. You will learn a lot about the inner workings of workers' comp insurance and other insurances along those lines. They are pretty flexible with you relocating if that is what you want in the future-you just have to prove you can do your job.

Cons

Raises are basically nonexistent. You can basically take any paid time off you want but holiday pay? Basically, unless it's a major holiday, it's not happening.

Possible increase of time off policies and consider raising pay rate. We are often times understaffed and have a LOT to handle - a little bit more compensation for each employee would be helpful.

Dec 1, 2014President

Thank you for the review and the positive comments on the environment and culture. To clarify, salaries are reviewed annually and almost without exception raises take place. MCN provides paid ... More

There are newer employer reviews for Medical Consultants Network