Medical Facilities of America

www.mfa.net

This is not what I signed up for.

ProsSatisfying relationships with the patients and within our team. My co-workers really care for their patients, and about each other. We get a good mix of patients that keeps us growing as professionals. We are focused on our patients as much as possible during our time at work, and we communicate about them in our off-hours as well. We think about the patients and each other all the time.

ConsMFA has a very detailed hiring process that seeks to pick the "best of the best" from their pool of applicants, however, I see management constantly scrutinized and being treated like children. Even when they grow into their position, it doesn't let up. Expectations are unrealistic at times, and everyone feels like they are doing 2 people's jobs, at least. There are systems upon systems upon systems that can take our focus away from the patient and good customer service. We get the idea that they are just there to protect corporate, or leverage data to some sort of corporate advantage. What I was told during the interview process about the job was not what I got. When people leave, it's often on bad terms, and then they are blamed for going, instead of the company looking at why they lost one of these employees that they fought so hard to get through a grueling interview process and several other applicants. It doesn't seem that corporate MFA ever turns the mirror on themselves.

Advice to Senior ManagementRealize that not everyone, not even most people, live to work. We work so we can LIVE. We want our work to be fulfilling. We want to balance it with who we are as a person outside of work and hopefully bring some of that good stuff in. After all, that's why you hired us, right?

Disappointing

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Medical Facilities of America

Pros: Many facilities all over NC and VA. Decent benefits,… Cons: Disconnected Management, Favoritism, Unreal expectation of life/work balance, management pretends to care… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

After several years with MFA, the only feeling I am left with is disappointment.

Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee)

I worked at Medical Facilities of America

Pros: The only "pro" of working for MFA was having co-workers who were willing… Cons: Inappropriate staffing ratios that based care on numbers, not acuity; keeping residents in house when they needed to be evaluated in a hospital setting to… Advice to Senior Management: Stop micromanaging your staff. If you felt they were qualified enough to hire, then you should trust their judgement. Stop taking a resident's complaint as… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Medical Facilities of America.

Worked for Medical Facilities of America? Contribute to the Community!