Medical Facilities of America

www.mfa.net
  www.mfa.net
There are newer employer reviews for Medical Facilities of America

This is not what I signed up for.

I have been working at Medical Facilities of America full-time

Pros

Satisfying relationships with the patients and within our team. My co-workers really care for their patients, and about each other. We get a good mix of patients that keeps us growing as professionals. We are focused on our patients as much as possible during our time at work, and we communicate about them in our off-hours as well. We think about the patients and each other all the time.

Cons

MFA has a very detailed hiring process that seeks to pick the "best of the best" from their pool of applicants, however, I see management constantly scrutinized and being treated like children. Even when they grow into their position, it doesn't let up. Expectations are unrealistic at times, and everyone feels like they are doing 2 people's jobs, at least. There are systems upon systems upon systems that can take our focus away from the patient and good customer service. We get the idea that they are just there to protect corporate, or leverage data to some sort of corporate advantage. What I was told during the interview process about the job was not what I got. When people leave, it's often on bad terms, and then they are blamed for going, instead of the company looking at why they lost one of these employees that they fought so hard to get through a grueling interview process and several other applicants. It doesn't seem that corporate MFA ever turns the mirror on themselves.

Realize that not everyone, not even most people, live to work. We work so we can LIVE. We want our work to be fulfilling. We want to balance it with who we are as a person outside of work and hopefully bring some of that good stuff in. After all, that's why you hired us, right?

37 Other Employee Reviews for Medical Facilities of America (View Most Recent)

Disappointing

I worked at Medical Facilities of America

Pros

Many facilities all over NC and VA. Decent benefits, average pay,

Cons

Disconnected Management, Favoritism, Unreal expectation of life/work balance, management pretends to care about patients but all that matters is the bottom line in most circumstances.

After several years with MFA, the only feeling I am left with is disappointment.

Former Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse
    Former Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse

I worked at Medical Facilities of America

Pros

The only "pro" of working for MFA was having co-workers who were willing to pull together and make sure our residents received the care they needed.

Cons

Inappropriate staffing ratios that based care on numbers, not acuity; keeping residents in house when they needed to be evaluated in a hospital setting to receive appropriate care; removing new staff (nurses and CNA's) from orientation status too quickly to cover staffing problems; accepting inappropriate admissions because of low census; upper management that are more concerned with redecorating the facility than in much needed equipment. I could type for days and not cover all of the "cons" associated with my time spent at MFA.

Stop micromanaging your staff. If you felt they were qualified enough to hire, then you should trust their judgement. Stop taking a resident's complaint as the only side of the story - try speaking to your staff about the situation and make an informed decision on what course of action to take. The color of paint on the walls, new paintings and furniture do not amount to anything but wasted time and money if you can't provide the care your residents need.

There are newer employer reviews for Medical Facilities of America