There are newer employer reviews for Medical Services of America

"Family" owned...not family friendly

I worked at Medical Services of America

Pros

The people you work with and helping the patients.

Cons

The cons are abundant. I've never seen anything like this. Unqualified individuals who know nothing about patient care running this facility. They only have their jobs bc they are in some way related to or are friends with the owner or his family. They fire or lay off people that need their job only to put the company in panic mode bc there are not enough people to do the jobs. They hire temps at a very low rate so they don't have to provide benefits or holidays. Salary increases are always on freeze. Continously, actively and knowingly participate in fraudulent activity.

Get your degree in health care management before you try to run a dme company. Treat your employees with respect and not as if they are disposable.

20 Other Employee Reviews for Medical Services of America (View Most Recent)

Complete Disorganization

Former Employee - Account Executive  in  Fort Myers, FL
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Fort Myers, FL

I worked at Medical Services of America full-time for less than a year

Pros

Other coworkers
    Days and hours of operations
    Office new and modern

Cons

Management
    Communication
    Expectations and quotas for medicare only referrals are unrealistic!
    Endless paperwork, profiles-logs- mapquesting for mileage daily
    No full time RNs for field work/case managers - NO OT

Company should evaluate their managers!! Poor communication with management and workers.
    Several issues should have been handled at branch adminstration level and never were resulting in decrease numbers of referrals. Blame squarely placed on employees (unfairly) for not meeting quotas.

Disorganized management, minimal direction or resources for sales staff.

Former Employee - Sales Representative
    Former Employee - Sales Representative

I worked at Medical Services of America full-time for more than a year

Pros

The regional sales manager RARELY made an office visit, so micromanagement was minimal. My location manager handled the office operations and my job was to generate referrals. We got along great and worked together to keep our office in business.

Cons

Serious lack of resources for sales reps. We had monthly meetings but I had to make a ridiculously long drive every month to the corporate office for a meeting that provided little value as far as increasing sales and developing selling skills. As a rep, I had to make my own sales materials. Literally, copying and pasting our company logo and local office information to printouts from our vendor's websites. Due to the competitive bidding process, the company has been in the process of restructuring, and many people lost their jobs. I was told that I would be able to move to another local office and keep my job, only to find out later in a voicemail that this may not be the case. My regional sales manager jumped ship just before the switch was supposed to occur. The new regional manager never reached out, so I emailed him to discuss the move to the new location. He told me in an email that everyone in our office, including me, was being "severanced". Yes, he made that word up. I had never even met this man and he did not even have the professional courtesy to pick up the phone to let me know. DO NOT take a sales job with this company. If you can help it, DO NOT take any job with this company. Management is in complete disarray and nobody knows who to report to. If you are desperate, make sure you negotiate a higher salary before you go on board, or don't expect a raise. There were some quarters where sales commissions simply weren't paid. I was lucky enough to get out with a severance package, but many of the employees at the corporate office were brought into their manager's office and told they were being fired for breaking some rule. There were specific instances when these rules were made up just to have an excuse to fire the employee, as the employee had no idea that the rule or guideline existed or had been changed.

Get your act together and be more transparent with your employees. Establish goals as a team with your employees and work together to achieve them. Provide them with the resources to get the job done instead of scaling back and expecting them to provide results. It takes money to make money.

There are newer employer reviews for Medical Services of America

Worked for Medical Services of America? Contribute to the Community!