Medidata Solutions

www.mdsol.com
  www.mdsol.com
There are newer employer reviews for Medidata Solutions

Fantastic culture and commitment to the development of employees.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Medidata Solutions full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The company is making more investments to improve the employee experience. It has lavish parties, a swanky new office space with a roof deck, game room, and showers, has implemented a new employee stock purchase plan, and allocates a decent amount to professional development. Everyone strives to foster a hard-working, yet fun environment. I can always trust my peers to have my back. I am learning something new every day. It helps that my direct managers are excellent leaders and they always have their door open if I ever need career or any other kind of advice.

Cons

Depending on your department and the people with whom you work, your experience might differ. Sometimes it takes senior management a while to acknowledge it needs changes and also to reward you for your contributions. There does seem to be nepotism involved when people get promoted. In order to get ahead, I've only not had to work extremely hard, but also play the game to be noticed.

Not everyone is a natural born leader. Some people have to develop their skills; others do not fit the mold. Take strides develop different career paths for leaders vs individual contributors. Put the right people in leadership positions so that they, their subordinates, and the company as a whole can flourish.

91 Other Employee Reviews for Medidata Solutions (View Most Recent)

Please avoid

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Medidata Solutions full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

This is a company with a great company mission - to help save and enhance quality of life. We do a great job for our customers because we care about their success. Great products and services, and some nice new office space globally.

Cons

The cons all center around a bad company culture, which includes politics, favoritism, and an ineffective HR department that has gone severely downhill in the last year+. First, if you want to advance at this company, what you need to do is get in good with executive management, and that has nothing to do with doing a great job and working hard; you have to play politics and be a "yes man". It's all about kissing up and favoritism. Second, with the new head of HR, there have been many "initiatives" and very little if any success in any of them. HR used to be a very effective, trusted, successful department, but no more. Last, rumor and gossip seem to fuel this company, coming mostly from the head of HR and shockingly, from those closest to the CEO and President including executive management and the executive assistant.

Keep up the good work with respect to how we treat our customers and how innovative we are as a company. Please improve HR back to the way it was, because the culture has gone downhill at the same time as the new HR department came in, and that can't be a coincidence.

The Company Has Lost It

Current Employee - Developer  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Developer in New York, NY

I have been working at Medidata Solutions full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Once a great company.
    Nice offices
    If your the flavor of the day, or from California, you might do well here.

Cons

You cannot figure out who is going to get fired next. This company has let go some seriously skilled and knowledgeable core staff that has made the company the success it is today. Why fire great people once you find them if you’re a growing company? What is the signal being sent to other aspiring staff members? This company has no conscious of the lives and families they are disrupting on their way to try to be successful.
    The message is be quiet and don’t stand out because if you do, you might be the next one to get the boot. Getting fired used to mean that you weren't doing your job, that’s not what it means at Medidata.
    The company has hired some new executive HR staff and empowered them, when they don’t understand basic business values (play nice).
    I would advise anyone to stay away from this company unless your unemployed and desperate.

Go back to basics. Get rid of the head of HR.

There are newer employer reviews for Medidata Solutions

Worked for Medidata Solutions? Contribute to the Community!