Great Company

I have been working at Medidata Solutions full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great work environment. Fast paced and challenging.

Cons

Fast growing company that is dealing with some growing pains.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Fantastic culture and commitment to the development of employees.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Medidata Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The company is making more investments to improve the employee experience. It has lavish parties, a swanky new office space with a roof deck, game room, and showers, has implemented a new employee stock purchase plan, and allocates a decent amount to professional development. Everyone strives to foster a hard-working, yet fun environment. I can always trust my peers to have my back. I am learning something new every day. It helps that my direct managers are excellent leaders and they always have their door open if I ever need career or any other kind of advice.

Cons

Depending on your department and the people with whom you work, your experience might differ. Sometimes it takes senior management a while to acknowledge it needs changes and also to reward you for your contributions. There does seem to be nepotism involved when people get promoted. In order to get ahead, I've only not had to work extremely hard, but also play the game to be noticed.

Advice to Management

Not everyone is a natural born leader. Some people have to develop their skills; others do not fit the mold. Take strides develop different career paths for leaders vs individual contributors. Put the right people in leadership positions so that they, their subordinates, and the company as a whole can flourish.

Please don't work at Medidata

I have been working at Medidata Solutions

Pros

Use of modern technology. Pay is towards top of the market. If you are an long-term employee you were probably promoted many times.

Cons

Long hours. Too many mid level managers. Sales and Engineering departments matter, the rest are unimportant. Few career paths. I don't recommend working at Medidata.

Advice to Management

More matters than the stock price. Listen to your employees, not HR.