A company having growing pains

Former Employee - Member of R&D  in  New York, NY
Former Employee - Member of R&D in New York, NY

I worked at Medidata Solutions full-time for less than a year

Pros

*Great work/life balance
*Opportunities to meet and work with people from all different areas of the company
*Opportunities to meet and interact with corporate executives
*Amazing new corporate HQ in NYC
*Work on products that can affect peoples lives.

Cons

*Three reorganizations/restructures in the last 15 months.
*Only beginning to care about personal growth within the company
*Top heavy on management

They always talk about the good stuff happening in the company but they don't about the difficult or bad stuff. Need to figure out the company structure and explain to employees what all the restructuring is about.

Other Reviews for Medidata Solutions

Great business model, bad politics

I worked at Medidata Solutions full-time

Pros

Very successful company with a bright future, thanks to a rock-solid business model and killer sales team.

Cons

As it's matured, the start-up vibe has definitely been lost, and a more "corporate" feel has set in. This was perhaps inevitable, but the political games didn't have to be.

Fantastic culture and commitment to the development of employees.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Medidata Solutions full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The company is making more investments to improve the employee experience. It has lavish parties, a swanky new office space with a roof deck, game room, and showers, has implemented a new employee stock purchase plan, and allocates a decent amount to professional development. Everyone strives to foster a hard-working, yet fun environment. I can always trust my peers to have my back. I am learning something new every day. It helps that my direct managers are excellent leaders and they always have their door open if I ever need career or any other kind of advice.

Cons

Depending on your department and the people with whom you work, your experience might differ. Sometimes it takes senior management a while to acknowledge it needs changes and also to reward you for your contributions. There does seem to be nepotism involved when people get promoted. In order to get ahead, I've only not had to work extremely hard, but also play the game to be noticed.

Not everyone is a natural born leader. Some people have to develop their skills; others do not fit the mold. Take strides develop different career paths for leaders vs individual contributors. Put the right people in leadership positions so that they, their subordinates, and the company as a whole can flourish.

There are newer employer reviews for Medidata Solutions.

Worked for Medidata Solutions? Contribute to the Community!