Medidata Solutions

www.mdsol.com
There are newer employer reviews for Medidata Solutions

I love being a part of something big

I have been working at Medidata Solutions full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great place to work! The technology is cutting edge and always seem to stay ahead of the curve. Work and home life are important and had always been accommodating to changes in personal life

Cons

Working with engineering when identifies issues and finding solutions. There needs to be more accountability and collaboration from engineering if the company is to continue to be successful.

101 Other Employee Reviews for Medidata Solutions (View Most Recent)

High Turnover Rate

Former Employee - IT Engineer in Edison, NJ
    Former Employee - IT Engineer in Edison, NJ

I worked at Medidata Solutions full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

You will get paid on time. Thats the only pro that I can think of.

Cons

Not much room for growth. No focus on quality of life. No Structure. Theory X management style. (Micromanagers) Finger pointing is the primary focus rather than actually getting the job done.

Jump in front of traffic on the highway.

Good and Bad

Current Employee - Project Manager in Remote, OR
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Remote, OR

I have been working at Medidata Solutions full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The company has a good business model, and uses good technology. The senior management really can inspire you, and you feel like the company is poised for big things. Some of the goals maybe a little unrealistic in the timeframe they are talking about, but the broad view seems good

Cons

On boarding and training is horrible. From what I have seen, this could be dependent on the group you are hired into. I have been here for a less than 6 months, and still feel I do not know what I am doing, or what the expectation is. I have been thrown clients using platforms I have no understanding or history with and expected to handle all issues. The company seems a bit too comparmentalized for my tastes. As a remote employee it is hard to know whom to go to when things arise. From my experience, it seems to depend on your manager, and if you end up on with not a good manager, you are in trouble.

Also, the job for which I interviewed for and what I am doing are 2 different things. Much more travel than I was led to believe and quite frankly not what I want to be doing. Also, when interviewing I interviewed for a Senior level position, however after starting, I found the position was a not a Senior level position, which for me is a step back career wise. In speaking with other people, they have experienced the same issue. And once in, it is hard at least in this group to get promoted.

From a product standpoint, they have good idea's, but seem to rush the products out, before thinking about all around performance. Take the time to test thoroughly.

Create a complete and useful on boarding training. I spent a week at the NYC office for NHO and it was of no help. Take the time to make sure process are explained as well as the technologies used for the different positions. You might think about making NHO job type specific.

Middle management is poor, this needs to be looked at to be sure they are supporting the staff they have. If they don't have time to do so, they should not be hiring new people.

Also, the bait and switch on the positions, if I interview for a Senior level position, that is what should be offered.

There are newer employer reviews for Medidata Solutions