Medidata Solutions

www.mdsol.com
  www.mdsol.com
There are newer employer reviews for Medidata Solutions

Great company with opportunity for growth

I have been working at Medidata Solutions full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The atmosphere is casual and fun. People work extremely hard but do so while maintaining a sense of humor. There is also a lot of opportunity for advancement, at least in my department. Because we are rapidly changing, there are always opportunities to take on new projects and fix problems you see around even if they're not "part of your job description". If you're interested in something, you're encouraged to get involved with it to really show what you're capable of.

Cons

Things are a little chaotic and because of the rapid growth Medidata is still "figuring it out", but they are trying! Communication is sometimes not the best, and some managers should maybe not be managing...

While the culture at Medidata is really a fun and innovative, we are still not really as "hip" as some of the more progressive tech companies we're trying to emulate (like Google). Maybe get some younger leadership/workforce in general. Just a thought.

Aug 4, 2014EVP, Human Resources

At Medidata, we work hard & play hard too! With so much to be done in our growing company, we want to make sure to foster an environment with a healthy balance between work & fun. We are in the ... More

97 Other Employee Reviews for Medidata Solutions (View Most Recent)

Medidata hitting its stride

I have been working at Medidata Solutions full-time

Pros

Brand new facility allows for great collaboration and innovation. Fast paced environment with a lot of exciting work going on. Unlimited PTO and other great benefits for U.S. workers.

Cons

If you aren't actively engaged and jumping in when you hear something of interest, an opportunity will pass you by. Don't expect someone to tap you on the shoulder with an opportunity for development. The pace is so fast that there are often valuable things left on the table. Work/Life balance can be a challenge and must be actively monitored.

Keep the sense of urgency, but make changes with care and decisiveness. When a change is made, be sure it is communicated ALL the way down the line so there is consistent messaging. Stronger coaching and management courses are always welcome. If we are going to promote people from within, we need to have a structure of support for those people - and watching a video is not always the answer.

Aug 4, 2014EVP, Human Resources

Medidata moves at an incredibly fast pace, and with the ever changing nature of our business & industry, it is not likely that we will slow down anytime soon! We understand that the rate at which our ... More

Steadily wearing down from within.

I have been working at Medidata Solutions full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Compensation can be very attractive for the right role. Serious player in the market. Strategy is a good one if it can be realized.

Cons

If you are not in the right role, compensation is well below industry average. Playing favorites is an understatement. Products are showing age. Many silos between departments and no plan to coordinate. Instead, the decision is to keep creating new groups with unclear objectives. Very difficult to allow new employees, even senior level hires, to make a difference. Said to want infusion of new ideas, but it is just PR, not reality. There are a few people with a lot of influence and these people want to stay fixed on what the company was five years ago. They don't know what the terms future, vision, or change are to an evolving organization.

Practice what you preach. You want ideas from the outside and want growth. Stop squashing these things and support them and the people behind them. The problems that exist may be coming from people who have been there a long time.

Aug 4, 2014EVP, Human Resources

Thanks for your feedback regarding Company silos as this information is very helpful for us when determining which areas are causing our employees the most frustration! As our Company has quickly ... More

There are newer employer reviews for Medidata Solutions