There are newer employer reviews for Medidata Solutions

Great company with opportunity for growth

I have been working at Medidata Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The atmosphere is casual and fun. People work extremely hard but do so while maintaining a sense of humor. There is also a lot of opportunity for advancement, at least in my department. Because we are rapidly changing, there are always opportunities to take on new projects and fix problems you see around even if they're not "part of your job description". If you're interested in something, you're encouraged to get involved with it to really show what you're capable of.

Cons

Things are a little chaotic and because of the rapid growth Medidata is still "figuring it out", but they are trying! Communication is sometimes not the best, and some managers should maybe not be managing...

Advice to Management

While the culture at Medidata is really a fun and innovative, we are still not really as "hip" as some of the more progressive tech companies we're trying to emulate (like Google). Maybe get some younger leadership/workforce in general. Just a thought.

Medidata Solutions Response

Aug 4, 2014 – EVP, Human Resources

At Medidata, we work hard & play hard too! With so much to be done in our growing company, we want to make sure to foster an environment with a healthy balance between work & fun. We are in the ... More

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Company tries hard to make the image of well established, but it is not in reality!

I worked at Medidata Solutions

Pros

Company spent a lot of monies on it's image

Cons

Company spends a lot of monies to show up, but has bazaar management

Medidata hitting its stride

I have been working at Medidata Solutions full-time

Pros

Brand new facility allows for great collaboration and innovation. Fast paced environment with a lot of exciting work going on. Unlimited PTO and other great benefits for U.S. workers.

Cons

If you aren't actively engaged and jumping in when you hear something of interest, an opportunity will pass you by. Don't expect someone to tap you on the shoulder with an opportunity for development. The pace is so fast that there are often valuable things left on the table. Work/Life balance can be a challenge and must be actively monitored.

Advice to Management

Keep the sense of urgency, but make changes with care and decisiveness. When a change is made, be sure it is communicated ALL the way down the line so there is consistent messaging. Stronger coaching and management courses are always welcome. If we are going to promote people from within, we need to have a structure of support for those people - and watching a video is not always the answer.

Medidata Solutions Response

Aug 4, 2014 – EVP, Human Resources

Medidata moves at an incredibly fast pace, and with the ever changing nature of our business & industry, it is not likely that we will slow down anytime soon! We understand that the rate at which our ... More