Medifast

www.medifast1.com
  www.medifast1.com
There are newer employer reviews for Medifast

Run...Run very fast and far away! I'm telling you RUN!

Former Employee - Manager in Miami, FL
Former Employee - Manager in Miami, FL

I worked at Medifast full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Very few...maybe the health insurance and PTO this is a Company in serious financial distress and will never be a true competitor in the weight loss industry. How can they be honest with their members if they are dishonest with their employees?

Cons

In case you didn't catch the caption above...run for your life. Probably one of the worst experiences of my career. How the National Sales Manager continues to keep her job is beyond me. I can assure you corporate management would not last a week much less a day in a weight control center. Recruiters are not honest, layoffs are done via phone, commissions are non existent, the mentality that Gym rats make the best managers and sales force is a farce. No surprise most S Florida locations will start closing their doors very soon.

Wake up! You made changes at the very top you need to look a little further under your noses starting at the Corporate office. I am forever thankful I no longer have to deal with Medifast but you need to know this company has devastated many people and lives that intrusted their livelihood. Eat well....sleep tight sweet Meredith.

78 Other Employee Reviews for Medifast (View Most Recent)

Pretty Good

Current Employee - Weight Loss Counselor in Burke, VA
    Current Employee - Weight Loss Counselor in Burke, VA

I have been working at Medifast

Pros

Individual managers care a lot about their center, employees, and customers; the company is growing; the job is easy and straight forward; you get to know clients really well; you make a daily impact on peoples lives; most management (individual and corporate) are understanding and willing to work with you

Cons

The company is growing too fast -- they recently laid of a ton of employees in the MD/VA/DC area; corporate hides things from centers; things are always changing so employees in centers are often doing things "wrong"; some corporate workers don't care about field employees; programs are crazy expensive which can make it hard to get and keep clients; this jobs is ALWAYS about SALES....some upper management pretend to care about health and weight loss but really just care about money; employees are put through long hours without much appreciatio

Proceed with Caution

Current Employee - Assistant Sales Manager in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Assistant Sales Manager in Miami, FL

I have been working at Medifast

Pros

Helping people
    Discounted diet food
    Good insurance

Cons

Constant changes that make no sense
    Company won't listen to you or support you
    Your responsabilities will change...alot