There are newer employer reviews for Medifast

It has been a learning experience.

Current Employee - Utility Worker in Owings Mills, MD
Current Employee - Utility Worker in Owings Mills, MD

I have been working at Medifast full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

he best reason to work for Medifast is being able to get employee discounts on food.

Cons

The pay is not all that good

Advice to Management

Start listening to employees more.

Other Employee Reviews for Medifast

1. MONSTERS! Worst emotional abuse at a job EVER ! EXTREMELY DYSFUNCTIONAL COMPANY

I worked at Medifast full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Getting to know and helping the members

Cons

This company cares about NOTHING BUT MONEY. They claim to care about the members but are constantly cutting back on the services they provide and raising the prices on the meal replacements the members have to buy. They treat the employees very poorly and badger the center managers constantly about sales but will not advertise..they want them to do "grassroot marketing' and bring the prospects in that way alone. I worked there 3 years,the first 6 months was okay but then management kept changing and changing. The last year I was there I was belittled, cussed at, and was stressed most of the time.. They do things to people that are extremely questionable..DO NOT GO HERE. They are selling the centers as franchises and are not forthcoming about the details..always trying to string the employees along. There is no security here...they have been firing people left and right to save money and one of them was there 3 years,she was fired for not updated her sales board ! The previous district manager was constantly making inappropriate comments to the employees and harassing them..they knew but did nothing even though it was reported.

Advice to Management

You should be honest, stop making empty promises to your employees. Stop treating your employees like garbage. You didn't even give me an exit interview or acknowledge me when I gave notice..I WORKED HARD FOR YOU FOR 3 YEARS .

Sinking ship

Former Employee - Management in Baltimore, MD
    Former Employee - Management in Baltimore, MD

I worked at Medifast full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They pay you on your unused vacation days when you leave

Cons

It is a sinking ship and nothing that upper management says is true.

Advice to Management

Realize that your employees are smarter than you think.