Medifit Corporate Services

www.medifit.com

mediocrity

Former Employee - Human Resources Generalist  in  Florham Park, NJ
Former Employee - Human Resources Generalist in Florham Park, NJ

Pros

- having the opportunity to work at home
- quiet workplace, corporate office setting
- employees are not constantly bothered by others
- employees are nice and humble, for the most part mind their own business

Cons

- very flat structure, no room for promotions
- organizational culture almost non-existent, very boring and lack of an identity
- unpaid internships
- internship program is non-beneficial to students in terms of work, work load, and skills learned.
o excel spread sheets, clerical work, tedious work, etc.

Other reviews for Medifit Corporate Services

Great company for entry level health & fitness grads

Pros

Great benefits, provides money for professional development, fun & challenging environment, encourages taking charge/learning new skills, hires from within.

Cons

Hierarchy-centered (must move up corporate ladder in specific way), have to clean the fitness center, very boring between busy times.

Good company, bad industry

Former Employee - Program Manager
    Former Employee - Program Manager

Pros

Pay is pretty good compared to other corporate fitness companies. MediFit is far more professional than a lot of the other corporate fitness management companies out there, too- you don't see 23 year old program managers (often the case at some of the others I worked for... there is no way someone that age could have nearly enough experience to be an effective leader.) A lot of consistency in processes/procedures at the various sites, which contributes to greater productivity.
    Great people as well. In my years with MediFit, I met a lot of wonderful individuals and had some truly amazing co-workers.

Cons

Sometimes I felt that there were a little TOO many procedures/tracking mechanisms/metrics in place. These things are good, don't get me wrong- but there were WAY too many- so many, in fact, that it took away from valuable face time with customers. When you're always holed up in your office trying to complete this marketing tracker, this budget sheet, this report, you take away from what should be one of the priorities- customer service. Now, if there were enough employees at my site, this may not have been an issue, but my site, and I think most sites, due to the economy right now), are understaffed so there AREN'T enough people to do everything.
    Another issue is being able to take time off when you need it. They give you vacation like any other company, but unless you work at one of the larger sites with several employees, it's pretty hard to actually take your days off. I actually had to HIRE people just to be subs- a job very few people want, because let's face it: no one wants a part-time job on a "sometimes" basis. And people who work full time generally can't cover a midday shift in the middle of the week for you. There were a few times I crawled in there horribly sick just because I knew I was the only one working and there was no way I'd be able to find someone to cover me.
    Pay, as I mentioned above, is pretty good at MediFit compared to other companies, but be aware that the field itself is a lgenerally a low paying field. You will not get wealthy working in corporate wellness unless you get lucky and work for one of the major companies that do government programs or something.
    Job security is pretty low too. This issue is not unique to MediFit, nor is it their fault, but with the economy being what it is, companies are cutting costs where they can. Unfortunately, when this happens, a corporate wellness program is usually one of the first things cut. Before you know it, you're laid off, sometimes with very little notice.

Keep up the good work. MediFit is a great company and you've got some great people in leadership positions there. I just hope the economy turns around so that the industry as a whole can thrive and employees can enjoy more job security, better pay, and have an easier time taking time off because there is enough coverage to go around.

There are newer employer reviews for Medifit Corporate Services.

Worked for Medifit Corporate Services? Contribute to the Community!