There are newer employer reviews for Meditech

A great place to start your career!

Current Employee - Applications Specialist in Canton, MA
Current Employee - Applications Specialist in Canton, MA

I have been working at Meditech

Pros

Flexibility. This is my first job out of college and I am shocked at how flexible my supervisor, manager, and director are. I am fortunate enough to have great bosses who treat me like a person, congratulate me when I do well, provide useful, constructive criticism, and realize that there is a life outside of MT.

The benefits are outstanding. 90% of health insurance is paid for and if you keep your eyes open, there are a lot of discounts you can get through the company to use for your personal life.

The atmosphere is relaxed and fun. I never dread coming into work because the people here are great. The half cubes allow you to chat with coworkers while you're working, the fountain drinks are free, the cafe food is very good, etc. There are so many little perks here that are often overlooked, but they make the experience here that much better.

Cons

I know there is a lot of fuss about the salary at MEDITECH, but when you factor in everything else the company does for you, it really isn't that bad. Health insurance is 90% paid for. You get cheap (and good) food at the cafe. If you travel, they throw you a stipend as a thanks. MEDITECH also gives away a nice holiday package, holds an annual picnic for employees, and of course, the bonus.

The only complaint I really have is having to work that extra 30 minutes at the end of the day. (The hours are 9-5:30) I don't get home until 6:30-6:45. It is a very minor gripe, though.

Be flexible and ask us (the new generation coming in) for input. Technology has changed so much in the past few years, and while recent college grads obviously lack experience in the professional world, there is a lot we can suggest in order to improve the working experience here.

163 Other Employee Reviews for Meditech (View Most Recent)

Decent Job to use as stepping stone

Former Employee - Applications Specialist in Norwood, MA
    Former Employee - Applications Specialist in Norwood, MA

I worked at Meditech

Pros

The benefits are great and it is a decent place to meet people the same age and establish friendships/networking for later. All in all if you like your group you will probably like your job.

Cons

The pay is low to start, it seems most of the benefits are for those who are in upper management. Their are employees who are not performing up to task but are still not let go. Their supervisor and managers should be more proactive about getting rid of the people who do not perform. As someone that worked hard it was disconcerting come review time that someone who really stood out didnt get rewarded how I thought I should after traveling on weekends with not so much as a peep.

Cut the fat, some people dont do squat and they know they wont be let go.

Good stable company to work for

Current Employee - Applications Specialist in Fall River, MA
    Current Employee - Applications Specialist in Fall River, MA

I have been working at Meditech

Pros

Meditech is a good stable company to work for, having never had a layoff and even in this market they continue to hire. The company has a great work environment, they believe in promotion from within and they provide employees amazing health and dental benefits at almost no cost to employees! Ability to telecommute after 3 years and flexibility to work part time based on family needs after only 2 years.

Cons

Pay scale starts everyone at bottom, salaries are lower than other software companies. Higher turnover than some companies because of the lower pay scale.

Reconsider pay scales and consider more of a flex time approach to peoples work hours and possible job sharing initiative

There are newer employer reviews for Meditech