Meditech

www.meditech.com

Not just a starter company.

Development Specialist (Current Employee) Framingham, MA

ProsI used the title "not just a started company" to make the point that Meditech is so much more. In an age where job hopping seems to be the only way to advance your career, Meditech is a diamond in the rough. There are very few companies today that have any type of structure that would allow an individual to build a lifelong career with advancement of their choice (management, senior developers, sales, etc.) But that's that not only reason Meditech is a great place to work.....

1. Great people from entry level to senior management!
2. Great benefits - I pay under $125 for BCBS Family Health and Dental - unheard of! Awesome yearly bonus. Stock options that continue to pay impressive dividends even during economic crisis.
3. Amazing work environments - You don't appreciate a large, bright workstation with a chair that supports your back until you don't have it. It's like running water, you always need it but don't always appreciate it.
4. JOB SECURITY! Let me say it again JOB SECURITY! Meditech has a reputation for not taking resignations well. That's because they would never just up and fire an employee. If someone is not performing to the best of their ability Meditech works with that person to find a position that better meets their skill set. If someone is unhappy with their current position they are encouraged and assisted in searching for other opportunities in the company. Don't fire us and we won't fire you is the motto. So of course it does not feel good to upper management when employees leave with no prior mention of needing more or being unhappy. I have been at the company for 20+ years and in my tenure there has never been a layoff. What company can make that claim?
5. The company really does care about their employees. Without getting too personal or offering examples from others, I can speak from experience when I say that if you have a family emergency, a health issue or any personal hardship, Meditech will go to the limit to support you. When I tell people of my personal experience in this I always get the same response which is there are very few companies that treat their employees with such support and understanding.

ConsThe salaries can start on the low side and it can seem like it takes a while to get up to a competitive paycheck. That being said, hard work is rewarded with big jumps in salary in the early years. Taking into consideration that Meditech hires people with little or no previous related experience this seems like the logical approach. Also people sometimes only look at the paycheck in terms of salary. All factors need to be considered. The low cost healthcare puts more dollars in your pocket each month. Over time bonus and dividends yield significant yearly and quarterly income. If you add it all up in the end you make a very competitive salary at a company that cares about their employees.

application specialist in client services

I have been working at Meditech

Pros: benefits, job security, company picnic Cons: politics, salary, belief that anyone wanting to work elsewhere is… Advice to Senior Management: take care of employees with better day to day salary Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

It's OK

Software Developer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Meditech full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Benefits are excellent, they pick up 90% of medical and dental. They are pretty flexible you can star work anywhere from 7 am to 11… Cons: Training is plentiful albeit very mediocre to horrible, the expertise is there the skills are not. It seems like they get the recipe to… Advice to Senior Management: Read the cons. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Meditech.

Worked for Meditech? Contribute to the Community!