Meditech

www.meditech.com
  www.meditech.com
There are newer employer reviews for Meditech

Hard to find a company like this any more

Current Employee - Development Programmer in Framingham, MA
Current Employee - Development Programmer in Framingham, MA

I have been working at Meditech full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Job security - they have never laid off an employee, in over 40 years of doing business as a software company. That's a big deal.
90% paid benefits - Better than most other options out there, they pay 90% of your benefits, so you're not losing a lot in your check for that.
Management understands what it's like to do your job - even the CEO of the company started out, in the company, as a programmer. Upper management all understands what it's like to be on the front lines of this company, because they've been there. That helps in putting things in perspective.
Excellent employees get big raises quickly - if you work hard, show aptitude, and succeed, between salary raises and the bonus (see below), you could double your income inside of five years with the company.
Yearly bonus - An annual bonus based on the performance of the company is given out, based on a percentage of your last five years' salary. This has even happened during the economic crisis.
Ability to buy well-performing stock in a solid company - after a few years with the company, you get the option to buy stock. This stock has historically performed exceedingly well.
Great work/life balance - supervisors and managers understand that employees have lives outside of work. This does not mean that you'll never be asked to work overtime - but it is something that they try to avoid unless necessary.

Cons

Low starting salary - you get hired entry level, you get paid entry level.
Takes time for title advancement - some companies will give you a 'senior' title after a couple of years. This takes a longer time, and some actual achievement, to earn at Meditech.

Keep up the good work, and maintain focus on remaining competitive in the market.

173 Other Employee Reviews for Meditech (View Most Recent)

Good starter company

I have been working at Meditech full-time

Pros

Good bennies and friendly people.

Cons

Salaries are not competitive and therefore there is high turnover in some areas.

Give adequate raises to those who deserve it.

Not just a starter company.

Current Employee - Development Specialist in Framingham, MA
    Current Employee - Development Specialist in Framingham, MA

I have been working at Meditech part-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

I used the title "not just a started company" to make the point that Meditech is so much more. In an age where job hopping seems to be the only way to advance your career, Meditech is a diamond in the rough. There are very few companies today that have any type of structure that would allow an individual to build a lifelong career with advancement of their choice (management, senior developers, sales, etc.) But that's that not only reason Meditech is a great place to work.....

1. Great people from entry level to senior management!
    2. Great benefits - I pay under $125 for BCBS Family Health and Dental - unheard of! Awesome yearly bonus. Stock options that continue to pay impressive dividends even during economic crisis.
    3. Amazing work environments - You don't appreciate a large, bright workstation with a chair that supports your back until you don't have it. It's like running water, you always need it but don't always appreciate it.
    4. JOB SECURITY! Let me say it again JOB SECURITY! Meditech has a reputation for not taking resignations well. That's because they would never just up and fire an employee. If someone is not performing to the best of their ability Meditech works with that person to find a position that better meets their skill set. If someone is unhappy with their current position they are encouraged and assisted in searching for other opportunities in the company. Don't fire us and we won't fire you is the motto. So of course it does not feel good to upper management when employees leave with no prior mention of needing more or being unhappy. I have been at the company for 20+ years and in my tenure there has never been a layoff. What company can make that claim?
    5. The company really does care about their employees. Without getting too personal or offering examples from others, I can speak from experience when I say that if you have a family emergency, a health issue or any personal hardship, Meditech will go to the limit to support you. When I tell people of my personal experience in this I always get the same response which is there are very few companies that treat their employees with such support and understanding.

Cons

The salaries can start on the low side and it can seem like it takes a while to get up to a competitive paycheck. That being said, hard work is rewarded with big jumps in salary in the early years. Taking into consideration that Meditech hires people with little or no previous related experience this seems like the logical approach. Also people sometimes only look at the paycheck in terms of salary. All factors need to be considered. The low cost healthcare puts more dollars in your pocket each month. Over time bonus and dividends yield significant yearly and quarterly income. If you add it all up in the end you make a very competitive salary at a company that cares about their employees.

There are newer employer reviews for Meditech