Meditech

www.meditech.com

Hard to find a company like this any more

Development Programmer (Current Employee) Framingham, MA

ProsJob security - they have never laid off an employee, in over 40 years of doing business as a software company. That's a big deal.
90% paid benefits - Better than most other options out there, they pay 90% of your benefits, so you're not losing a lot in your check for that.
Management understands what it's like to do your job - even the CEO of the company started out, in the company, as a programmer. Upper management all understands what it's like to be on the front lines of this company, because they've been there. That helps in putting things in perspective.
Excellent employees get big raises quickly - if you work hard, show aptitude, and succeed, between salary raises and the bonus (see below), you could double your income inside of five years with the company.
Yearly bonus - An annual bonus based on the performance of the company is given out, based on a percentage of your last five years' salary. This has even happened during the economic crisis.
Ability to buy well-performing stock in a solid company - after a few years with the company, you get the option to buy stock. This stock has historically performed exceedingly well.
Great work/life balance - supervisors and managers understand that employees have lives outside of work. This does not mean that you'll never be asked to work overtime - but it is something that they try to avoid unless necessary.

ConsLow starting salary - you get hired entry level, you get paid entry level.
Takes time for title advancement - some companies will give you a 'senior' title after a couple of years. This takes a longer time, and some actual achievement, to earn at Meditech.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work, and maintain focus on remaining competitive in the market.

Good starter company

I have been working at Meditech full-time

Pros: Good bennies and friendly people. Cons: Salaries are not competitive and therefore there is high turnover… Advice to Senior Management: Give adequate raises to those who deserve it. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Not just a starter company.

Development Specialist (Current Employee) Framingham, MA

I have been working at Meditech part-time for more than 10 years

Pros: I used the title "not just a started company" to make the point that Meditech is so much more. In an age where job… Cons: The salaries can start on the low side and it can seem like it takes a while to get up to a competitive paycheck.… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Meditech.

Worked for Meditech? Contribute to the Community!