Meditech
www.meditech.com Westwood, MA 1000 to 5000 Employees

Get out before they suck you in!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Meditech full-time

ProsThe only reason people work at this company is if they can not get hired elsewhere. This seems to be their hiring method as most employees are straight out of college with little to no experience in the corporate world. The healthcare and dental benefits are great, but besides that, the company leaves a lot to be desired.

ConsWorking at MEDITECH has taught me a lot about inexpensive medical software. Compared to other software, MEDITECH seems to provide an "affordable solution to healthcare" while jeopardizing functionality and user satisfaction. A lot of the software fixes surface after major issues are reported by multiple healthcare organizations. While users complain about the software, specialists are on the front line taking the grunt of development's oversights. When customers ask for updates on issues with development, specialists are responsible for hiding development's lack of progress.

Another issue with MEDITECH are all of the false promises that are offered. When I was hired, I was told that raises are given every year. Well, the company is not doing well this year, so some groups will not be receiving raises. This has caused a lot of specialists to begin looking for employment elsewhere as their entry level salary can not afford them a reasonable lifestyle. I have also overheard supervisors who can not afford to buy houses close to the MEDITECH offices; many supervisors live in western MA and have long commutes because the "MT money" will not allow them to live in close proximity to their job.

Lastly, supervisors and the management teams here at MEDITECH do not understand how to manage. As other reviewers have stated, management ends up just micromanaging.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop micromanaging your employees. Revamp the management training courses as they apparently do not work.

Do not promise things that can not be delivered.

Prepare for software malfunctions appropriately. Do not make specialists speak to development's mistakes.

Hard to find a company like this any more

Development Programmer (Current Employee)
Framingham, MA

I have been working at Meditech full-time for more than a year

Pros: Job security - they have never laid off an employee, in over 40 years of doing business as a software company. That's a big… Cons: Low starting salary - you get hired entry level, you get paid entry level. Takes time for title advancement - some companies will give… Advice to Senior Management: Keep up the good work, and maintain focus on remaining… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Old fashioned views, not competitive pay but easy to coast through

I have been working at Meditech full-time

Pros: Cheap lunch and 5 cent sodas Cons: Promotions mainly based on tenure More

There are newer reviews on Meditech.

Worked for Meditech? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Meditech reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Meditech CEO Howard Messing. All reviews posted anonymously by Meditech employees.