Meditech

www.meditech.com

entry level job that's right for some but not all.

Applications Specialist (Current Employee) Norwood, MA

Prosjob security, laid back atmosphere in some buildings, free golf passes at start of golf season

Consstarting salary is low which is understandable for an entry level position, but raises must be given on a $1200 scale and must stay within managements budget for raises for a particular quarter. if you happen to be up for a raise at a time when a lot of other people are or when the company might not be having a great quarter then you will not get a sufficient raise regardless of job performance.

there's no 401k, although there is a profit sharing plan so as long as the company is doing well then it is ok, but if the company takes a financial slide then we are in trouble.

there's not much equality between some of the groups when it comes to general rules like taking time off, dress code, etc.

Advice to Senior Managementstand up for your group. when there are 8 groups under one director who could be chosen to do a particular project and one group gets chosen be straightforward with the reason. when asked "why is our group responsible for this when we have this and that to do while that other group doesn't seem to have any responsibilities?" the correct answer isn't "i don't know, we just have to do it..." it should be "i agree but i feel like this group can handle the work and it will get done right" or "you're right, next time i'll take that into consideration before volunteering for something." no passing the buck - be straightforward.

do a better job equalizing the workload, or pay the ones who work harder more.

A great place to build debt!

Applications Specialist (Former Employee) Norwood, MA

I worked at Meditech

Pros: Outstanding work/life balance, and absolutely NO stress! Cons: Awful, awful, awful salary & benefits. Everyone talks about how you make a lot if you stay long term, but this is an empty… Advice to Senior Management: Pay competitive salaries, and stop allowing incompetent & lazy people… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Grossly underpaying company, but lots of job security and a descent work environment.

Programmer/Analyst (Current Employee) Norwood, MA

I have been working at Meditech

Pros: If Job security is a big thing for you, this is the place to be. This… Cons: Horrible salary compared to similar positions at competing companies. They underpay by a lot. Management tends to promote and hire people who, while having a… Advice to Senior Management: Pay your employees better and start offering a 401K, as… More
There are newer reviews on Meditech.

Worked for Meditech? Contribute to the Community!