Great company, Great people

Current Employee - Applications Specialist in Westwood, MA

Pros

Overall, Meditech is a great company to work for. Management is very easy going and you are not "Micro-managed" like some public corporations that I have worked at (Fidelity comes to mind), therefore, my overall job experience has been much better. I actually enjoy coming to work everyday. The benefits are great, and being an implementation specialist, gives me great benefits in free airline mileage. It's also fun to travel around the country and explore different regions. The are very good about sick days, vacation days, and leaving early. As long as I work 8 hours/day they are flexible if I have to leave early or come in late for some reason. Another great benefit is after 3 years you can Telecommute one or two days a week! That saves tons in gas money and who wouldn't want to watch espn from your couch while you work!

Cons

The only downside really is the pay. Although, It is comparable to many companies and even some times more, 36000/year to start is not enough. The raises are also flawed. They say they give out raises in increments of 1200, 2400, 3600 for first year employees, however, everyone gets 2400 regardless of performance. I know for a fact that I have out performed some people who have received the same raise as me. I also think that raises should be a percentage of salary, not an incremented number. There will come a time where 2400 is less then 3% of your salary and therefore less then the average inflation rate. Then I will be looking for a new job because I will technically be losing money by staying.

Advice to Management

Take quarterly and annual reviews more seriously. Reward people who are clearly out performing others. Do not just give everyone a $2400 because you want to stay within your budget and not make someone mad. Meditech as a whole should start doing raises as a percentage of salary.

Other Employee Reviews for Meditech

1. Job security for all (good and bad).

Current Employee - Applications Specialist in Westwood, MA

Pros

Job security is a major selling point. Meditech has never had a layoff and works to assimilate employees if the functions are no longer needed. The group dynamic at Meditech is geared toward fostering personal growth and management staff are always promoted from within.

Cons

Given that there has never been a layoff and Meditech works to assimilate all employees, there is a sense of many people being "dead weight". It is not uncommon to have a conversation with other groups and have a feeling that the people have no idea what they are talking about.

Advice to Management

Always maintain constant open lines of communication with staff and promote staff knowledge and development.

Good recognition, but not for bright programmers...there's better work elsewhere. Poor senior management.

Current Employee - Programmer/Analyst in Norwood, MA
    Current Employee - Programmer/Analyst in Norwood, MA

Pros

Programmers are trained well for the job they are supposed to do. You're paid for the training. The company is flexible and supervisors and managers are very understanding.

Cons

The pay is very sub-par, compared to other companies with similar jobs. Not all employees get along well. I feel that a good deal of the employees seem to be undertrained in what they are supposed to do.

Advice to Management

There are some major changes that are needed on the lower end of the scale. I'm slowly watching the staff dwindle, whether it be transferring within the company or leaving the company. At this point, I think some serious changes are needed to redistribute work more evenly.