Meditech

www.meditech.com

Great company, Great people

Applications Specialist (Current Employee) Westwood, MA

ProsOverall, Meditech is a great company to work for. Management is very easy going and you are not "Micro-managed" like some public corporations that I have worked at (Fidelity comes to mind), therefore, my overall job experience has been much better. I actually enjoy coming to work everyday. The benefits are great, and being an implementation specialist, gives me great benefits in free airline mileage. It's also fun to travel around the country and explore different regions. The are very good about sick days, vacation days, and leaving early. As long as I work 8 hours/day they are flexible if I have to leave early or come in late for some reason. Another great benefit is after 3 years you can Telecommute one or two days a week! That saves tons in gas money and who wouldn't want to watch espn from your couch while you work!

ConsThe only downside really is the pay. Although, It is comparable to many companies and even some times more, 36000/year to start is not enough. The raises are also flawed. They say they give out raises in increments of 1200, 2400, 3600 for first year employees, however, everyone gets 2400 regardless of performance. I know for a fact that I have out performed some people who have received the same raise as me. I also think that raises should be a percentage of salary, not an incremented number. There will come a time where 2400 is less then 3% of your salary and therefore less then the average inflation rate. Then I will be looking for a new job because I will technically be losing money by staying.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake quarterly and annual reviews more seriously. Reward people who are clearly out performing others. Do not just give everyone a $2400 because you want to stay within your budget and not make someone mad. Meditech as a whole should start doing raises as a percentage of salary.

Great workplace for Job security and to groom the recently graduated.

Senior Applications Specialist (Current Employee)

I have been working at Meditech

Pros: The people that work there are for the most part great. Benefits are awesome. The company is… Cons: The salary is lower to comparable positions elsewhere. The chain of command is too large from the development… Advice to Senior Management: Listen more to the employees that work directly with the products. Making waves is looked down upon in MEDITECH, but this is how things are… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Great Place for a Career

Code Monkey (Current Employee) Canton, MA

I have been working at Meditech

Pros: Meditech only promotes from within, giving all employees multiple advancement opportunities. The corporate culture supports keeping work balanced with family life. Almost all programming is… Cons: Having to work with alot of entry level employees. Quality… Advice to Senior Management: Allow stock purchases by newer employees earlier. A new building… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Meditech.

Worked for Meditech? Contribute to the Community!