There are newer employer reviews for Medivation

Best Biotech Ive worked for!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Medivation

Pros

dynamic group of hard working and experienced coworkers who legitimately care about saving lives and making a difference

Cons

There isn't a difference between sick and vacation time - meaning you have to use your vacation PTO time to be sick. As a result everyone comes to work sick and gets each other sick!

Keep doing what you're doing! Please don't sell the company!

8 Other Employee Reviews for Medivation (View Most Recent)

My experience at Medivation has been somewhat satisfying

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  South San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in South San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Medivation

Pros

The culture at Medivation is satisfying.

Cons

The cons at Medivation are the politics, although this is normal for all companies.

Great company going though lots of changes/growing pains

Current Employee - Management Level  in  San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Management Level in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Medivation full-time

Pros

Benefits are awesome. Salary is above average. Very challenging and fast paced so keeps you excited 100% of the time. Medivation provides a very generous PTO and paid holidays plus we get the week and half almost when company shuts down for Xmas and New Years. The company does a lot of employees, lots of parties, catered lunches, etc. They also provide an unlimited supply of snacks (too many to list) and beverages of all kinds. David...awesome CEO. We are also voted one of the top places to work two years in a row now.

Cons

The company is going through a massive growth so lots of growing pains. There is a lot of politics. CEO promotes no silos but they exist. Upper level management is sometimes very disconnected from the reality of things. HR has taken away some nice benefits otherwise it would be an even better place to work. The benefits package is shrinking as we continue to grow. We went from a company with little to no turnover to people getting fired all the time. I suppose this is why Medivation is a great place to work...your incompetence stands out very quickly amongst high level performers.

Figure out a way to listen to the lower level folks...they do the work and have a much better idea of the situation versus those in upper management. Not all Directors carry their weight. Take another look at the benefits package.

There are newer employer reviews for Medivation

Worked for Medivation? Contribute to the Community!