There are newer employer reviews for Medline Industries
There are newer employer reviews for Medline Industries

See Most Recent

Unfortunately, sales is a revolving door

  • Work/Life Balance
  • Culture & Values
  • Career Opportunities
  • Comp & Benefits
  • Senior Management
Current Employee - Sales - GL
Current Employee - Sales - GL

I have been working at Medline Industries full-time (More than 3 years)

Recommends
Recommends

Pros

Excellent training, decent products, impressive sales materials. Pretty good gig if you can figure out how to navigate through all that Medline throws at you.

Cons

Management will try to rip you off at every turn. The culture at Medline is not for the faint of heart, and you will spend the first year shell-shocked. Be sure to check your "life" at the door, you'll be much too busy to pay attention to it.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Location
  • Any Job Title
  • Any Status
  1. Helpful (7)

    Highly Oppressive Culture

    • Work/Life Balance
    • Culture & Values
    • Career Opportunities
    • Comp & Benefits
    • Senior Management
    Former Employee - Sales Representative
    Former Employee - Sales Representative

    I worked at Medline Industries full-time

    Doesn't Recommend
    No opinion of CEO
    Doesn't Recommend
    No opinion of CEO

    Pros

    Nice co-workers, extensive training, company seems successful, wide variety of quality products and educational tools, customers satisfied with products and services

    Cons

    I worked as a Sales Representative, and please listen when I tell you that there are many reasons why you should think twice about being an employee of this company.

    -There is no riembursement for mileage for travel within your territory.
    -Shipping for backordered items from alternate warehouses and returns are frequently charged back to the sales rep.
    -You are expected to service National accounts when many of these accounts are sold at such low margins that commissions to you are negative. They are taking money from your earned commissions to service these accounts!
    -You are competing against inside sales reps in your own territory.
    -The culture is highly oppressive,. When you take a sales job with Medline you are selling your soul to them.
    -Medline talks about being in front of the customer during all business hours and then completing everything else in the evenings and weekends.
    -Training will tell you about the reports you should be reviewing Saturday morning, as well as the preparation for the upcoming week on Sunday evening.
    -Product divisions all talk about how lean each division is, and that the culture is to work extensive hours. There is no work life balance when working at Medline!
    -All employees, except for management, are expected to share hotel rooms when attending training or meetings.
    -Training staff seem to enjoy punishing the trainees with mountains of homework on top of the already very demanding day to day workload. It seemed like a 100 level college weed-out class.
    -If you become successful and start to actually make some good money, it is likely that Medline will divide your territory.
    -Compensation is 100% commission for sales employees.


  2. Helpful (2)

    Worst company I have ever worked for. Would rather live on the streets

    • Work/Life Balance
    • Culture & Values
    • Career Opportunities
    • Comp & Benefits
    • Senior Management
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee

    I have been working at Medline Industries

    Doesn't Recommend
    Positive Outlook
    Approves of CEO
    Doesn't Recommend
    Positive Outlook
    Approves of CEO

    Pros

    Cafeteria if you eat in your car

    Cons

    The whole company and structure
    1% make a decent living at the expense of the other 99%

    Advice to Management

    Keep your employee appreciation days. They are only window dressing.
    Give the workers an extra $5.00. They would appreciate it more.


There are newer employer reviews for Medline Industries
There are newer employer reviews for Medline Industries

See Most Recent

Work at Medline Industries? Share Your Experiences

Medline Industries

 
Click to Rate
or

Your response will be removed from the review – this cannot be undone.