Medtronic

www.medtronic.com
  www.medtronic.com
There are newer employer reviews for Medtronic

It was very educational and I moved elsewhere to further my opportunity

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

I worked at Medtronic

Pros

Medtronic is one of the best Fortune 500 companies to work for in the medical industry. I never had a bad experience while I was there and they always treated me fairly when it came to sales territory and job tasks.

Cons

The only con I can think of wasn't first hand, but it still is a game of office politics. Some other sales reps made their numbers, and really did a great job but were passed up on promotions for the cheaper alternative of new-hires from other companies.

Management should keep on doing what they are doing, but start to address a better system of promoting sales reps. I guess that's a lot to ask for because there really are a bit of office politics in every high-level job these days.

800 Other Employee Reviews for Medtronic (View Most Recent)

OK but ....

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Littleton, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Littleton, MA

I worked at Medtronic

Pros

Willingness to spend money when necessary on software, materials, and training. Flexiable hours to for work/life balance. On the tail end of migrating from small shop to corporate culture transition. Very friendly people and a pleasure to work with.

Cons

Very politically correct. Extremely sensitive to innocent mistakes.

Deadlines do slip for reasons outside of people's control. Give the managers some slack.

Company things feeling good about helping people makes up for low pay and disrespect

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Northridge, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Northridge, CA

I have been working at Medtronic

Pros

helping people with diabetes, working for a fortune 500 company, good benefits, near Los Angeles, large market share,

Cons

stale "old people" culture, can't get products out the door, doesn't respect employees, management does not seem to be united, does not promote work-life balance, long hours of work expected

The culture is too stale with a "good ol' boys culture" To stay competitive, need to look into showing respect to employees.

There are newer employer reviews for Medtronic