There are newer employer reviews for Medtronic

Medtronic is a great company to work for, practicing what it preaches in it's mission statement.

Current Employee - Medical Device Sales  in  Long Island City, NY
Current Employee - Medical Device Sales in Long Island City, NY

I have been working at Medtronic

Pros

You're helping people live the mission of the company. Alleviating pain, restoring health, and extending life. I get to help someone's mother, father, husband or wife live a longer life. When a whole family is afflicted with a genetic abnormality and our device can help them live out their lives for the most part normally, it's a good feeling to be apart of that.

Cons

Keeping the customers and patients expectations within realistic limits of machine/ human capability. When we have a recall all hell breaks loose. There's a lot of men in this industry and you especially notice this at national meetings. Medtronic as I'm sure other companies still have a long way to go in equality.

Please don't lie to the field force, it doesn't help us win over customers.

764 Other Employee Reviews for Medtronic (View Most Recent)

If you like being frustrated...

Former Employee - Software Engineer  in  Northridge, CA
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Northridge, CA

I worked at Medtronic

Pros

The diabetes division of Medtronic has a clear mission, a high degree of support for R&D, and lots of smart people.

Cons

While there are a lot of internal users, Marketing is disconnected from outside patients and R&D; R&D is insular and run by a tyrant; top management is mostly ineffectual in combating "us vs. them" attitudes within the facility at all levels. The products haven't changed significantly in seven years or so. There is poor information sharing with other divisions.

Drive R&D personnel to study real patients outside of the facility. Make usability and appeal cornerstones of a new approach to product development. Sideline any manager or above who retards this effort.

Medtronic is a wonderful, yet challenging place to work.

Current Employee - Scientist  in  Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Scientist in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Medtronic

Pros

Managment take interest in my personal and professional development. They are willing to give me opportunities if I simply present them.

Cons

Large company, medical industry is highly regulated and can add lots off additional tasks to any marketable product at any stage of research, technology, development, or marketing.

Ask for input from those below you. Give employees an avenue to make their voice heard and make sure they understand that their voice is being heard. Base all our decisions around the patient and Medtronic Mission to maitain a company that has integrity and vision.

There are newer employer reviews for Medtronic

Worked for Medtronic? Contribute to the Community!