There are newer employer reviews for Medtronic

Loved my colleagues

I worked at Medtronic

Pros

High caliber people working in an industry that impacts people's lives. Great benefits and good pay. Minneapolis staff are some of the best people I have ever worked with.

Cons

Boys club, Ridiculous amounts of red tape to get the job done. Too heavy on managers and not enough people to get the job done. In this industry your job IS your life, leading to stress and burnout.

Get rid of some of the unnecessary levels of management. Reducing benefits to the people who touch the customer might save money in the short term, but cost you your reputation.

775 Other Employee Reviews for Medtronic (View Most Recent)

Great Place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

I have been working at Medtronic

Pros

While you are working here everyday with the company, you know that at the same time you help others improve their lives.

Cons

Here we are a US centric company and those HQs are not having proper structure to support other regions in developing business.

Everyone here is motivated by our mission, and we are willing to go extra miles only to serve more patients. This makes Medtronic different from other companies.

Troubled waters ahead

I have been working at Medtronic

Pros

* Strong brand and compelling story.
    * Your company makes tangible products and your work directly or indirectly extends and improves the lives of individuals.
    * Good benefits (under pressure due to cost-cutting), good life/work balance.
    * Pleasant coworkers, some good managers
    * Stable until your department gets RIF'd

Cons

* The medical device industry as a whole has gone into single digit growth or decline due to recent economic events and public resistance to ever-increasing health care costs. This means continued cost cutting and RIFs.
    * Risk-averse culture, more concerned with not making mistakes than innovating. This is understandable, but somebody interested in innovation should look at a smaller company.
    * Lack of accountability. There is not enough pressure to make important decisions in a timely manner or to empower managers and contributors to take risks.
    * Lack of opportunity for advancement or lateral moves. Promotions are based on loyalty.

There are newer employer reviews for Medtronic