Medtronic

Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Medtronic

Loved my colleagues

I worked at Medtronic

Pros

High caliber people working in an industry that impacts people's lives. Great benefits and good pay. Minneapolis staff are some of the best people I have ever worked with.

Cons

Boys club, Ridiculous amounts of red tape to get the job done. Too heavy on managers and not enough people to get the job done. In this industry your job IS your life, leading to stress and burnout.

Get rid of some of the unnecessary levels of management. Reducing benefits to the people who touch the customer might save money in the short term, but cost you your reputation.

878 Other Employee Reviews for Medtronic (View Most Recent)

The overall experience working with Medtronic was very positive.

I worked at Medtronic

Pros

The company itself is very stable and provides their employees with great benefits. The company also has great senior leadership and culture.

Cons

As with any large company, there are always a few drawbacks. Some of the major drawbacks occurred while I was still employeed there. Most of the changes and issues originated with the company streamlining their business, which of course is practical, however there were times when an employee would few less valuable and more like an expendable business unit.

To be honest, my main criticism would be the lack of support when it came to solutions or ideas in the field. Medtronic is very "cookie-cutter" and doesn't appreciate anyone deviating from the path they assume is best when many other paths can be just as successful or more so.

What a great experience

I have been working at Medtronic

Pros

Development opportunities, energy and great mission!

Cons

Encourage creativity and out of the box ideas.

Empower employees and give them the leeway to take risks. This means also to accept failure.

There are newer employer reviews for Medtronic